powered by ford valve covers

mellor_21

Reaction score
are there any powered by ford valve covers for 96-98 cobras? nothings better than a classic..

badass98svt

Reaction score
Nope, but you can powdercoat yours for even less money.

Jrgunn5150

Post Whore
Reaction score
I believe Mr. OAM, one of our site sponsor's, offer's something like this. If he doesn't, I'm sure enough interest would cause him to fire up a CNC for it...

Mr. OAM

Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up J.R.

I am not aware of any billet coil covers for the 96-98 engines, not to say that there isn't any. I could definately come up with something if there is enough demand for it. I know there are some chromed sheet metal dress up pieces but I haven't seen anything with the heft of billet. Could be pretty cool. If I can get my hands on a cover I could work something up.

Unbelievably, "Powered by Ford" was not one of the trademarks found at the trademark office website that I check for legal purposes. Hhhmm......very interesting.

I've also already learned that "Boss 302" is only trademarked for items, such as striping and emblems, on the vehicle exterior.

So how many people are interested in billet coil covers for their 96-98, here and elsewhere? Is the "Powered by Ford", if found to be legal to produce, desired by enough people? Of course I would probably come up with a few of my own ideas too.

If I had to guess, price range would probably be in the $200 range, give or take without having looked into it at all. Do enough people consider this reasonable and what they are willing to part with?

Steve

badass98svt

Reaction score
I actually know of someone selling the plug covers. They are billet and he'll engrave them as well. These are the plug covers only, not an entire cam/valve covers.
He's on SVTP.
Mr. OAM, don't want to step on your toes. You guys can PM me for more info.

Jrgunn5150

Post Whore
Reaction score
96-98 car's use coilpacks, they don't have cover's, I mean unless you are adding them for some reason.. But Mr Oam does offer coil covers for the 99-up car's as well :thumb:

badass98svt

Reaction score
Not Coil covers.
They are spark plug covers. The stock piece is a long flat black piece of plastic. They mount on top of the valve covers. Much like the 99+ 4V c.o.p. covers

95SC

Reaction score
Here is what I've got laing in my garage that I'll be selling shortly

badass98svt

Reaction score
^^^
Those are the plug covers I'm referring to. They're on SVTP

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member