Predator

SnakeBit!

Reaction score
picked up a diablosport predator U7146 for my son's 04 3.9 v6. the box says for 99-03 3.8 v6. any reason I cannot use it for his car? thanx for any input.

OP
OP
SnakeBit!

SnakeBit!

Reaction score
contacted diablosport....they are saying the files in the cpu are different for an 04 and are not loaded in their database and thus not in the tuner.

OP
OP
SnakeBit!

SnakeBit!

Reaction score
read it on other sites. can be used on the 3.9 only as a code reader, no tuning. bummer...just wasted my money.

OP
OP
SnakeBit!

SnakeBit!

Reaction score
thanx...sux, but what are you gonna do... who would figure that.......

OP
OP
SnakeBit!

SnakeBit!

Reaction score
sold it and got a superchips flashpaq for it that was supposed to be supported for the 3.9. turns out, ours has different files in it so the tuner did not even recognize it was a ford. called superchips and they downloaded files from the car and are having their engineers do their thing. we shall see....the saga continues for a 3.9 cpu.

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I have never heard of someone having so much trouble. Man I am really sorry about all that mess!

OP
OP
SnakeBit!

SnakeBit!

Reaction score
Thanx! "ole Murph loves to hang around my house!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

today, they called and said can you go out to your car and hook up the superchips tuner. said ok.. went out, hooked it up and it worked like I expected it to. asked the guy on the phone, do you have wireless ability to connect to this thing. he said no. have no idea how they fixed it with it sitting in the box in my son's room. anyhow, the tune is in the car. he just left to go to the gym so will see what he says when he gets back.

I will say this....I cannot say how great the customer service has been with Superchips. they were fantastic. the guy yesterday alluded to something about Superchips now owning Diablosport or the other way around, but the two are now together somehow.

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I havent heard about any merging but I have heard they have awesome customer service. Glad it worked out!

OP
OP
SnakeBit!

SnakeBit!

Reaction score
Thanx!!!! He is really happy with the way the car drives now. will cost him abit more for gas but he is ok with it.

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
It wont matter. Throw good gas mileage idea out the window along with good tread rear tires. Both are always consumed.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdude138

Members online