Procharger P1SC power outputs.....

kspilly

Reaction score
Thanks to my stock bottom end spinning a rod bearing, I'm going to be building up the block. Upgrading all the internals, then going for more boost. Car is a 1997 SVT Cobra 4.6 with the Procharger P1SC intercooled charger setup.

I am wondering what kind of power you guys have been able to achieve this similar setups? My tuner is hoping to see 600hp or so at the wheels after the new motor gets in. Any info or tips from you guys who have been thruogh this before would be greatly appreciated!! O0

Basically, we're going to upgrade the motor internals, put a larger capacity pan on it, put on a power pipe, then tune it all together.

ripper

Reaction score
Hmmm im not sure about the cobra but unless you do some headwork and lots of boost a gt will never get to 600hp. Is a 97 a 4v? My car has a forged lower and 14lbs of boost and im just over 500hp. No porting or cams. Im maxed out were i am now.

p.s. get a windage tray with the new oil pan

OP
OP
K

kspilly

Reaction score
Yeah, the Cobra has a 4v 4.6 in it. They're 300hp stock. Just with the procharger kit that's on it at around 10 pounds, they put out around 450 or so on a stock bottom. Not sure about what head work my tuner is thinking of if any, but I'm just going by what they are telling me we'll see. O0

ripper

Reaction score
Well putting in a forged rotating assembly wont give you any hp. It will just let you run more boost. Be sure to used dished pistons to keep your comp down. I think my motor was like 230hp stock. This summer we are gonna put another pully on and go with 18lbs of boost. Then a super sweet tune and see were i get.

Brian95SVT

Legend
Reaction score
see i have a 96 GT motor from jasper and stock bottom end, which i wont be forging for A LONG TIME *money probs yall know* and i wanted to run either a turbo setup or D1SC Intercooled Procharger setup. how much power could i put down before having to go to forging? 450ish?

Thomas_W

Reaction score
97 cobra w/ forged internals, stock heads w/ cams and a P1SC.. i dont see getting over 575whp.

I helped build a 02GT w/ a Super promod DSS 4.6L 2v motor w/ a P1SC on it w/ the intercooler and w/ the smallest pulley you could get for it made 530rwhp...

WHat kind of fuel sytem are you looking at using for that much power?

ripper

Reaction score
500hp is bunches man. Way bunches lol. Wait till you feel it. 600-700hp you be lookin at 10 sec car and need lots of mods to run it. Rollcage, fuel cell, glass delete, etc. NHRA rules are getting strict now that the ricers are puttin out so much hp from those little caskets on wheels lol. Believe me 450-500hp will keep you busy for awhile.

Brian95SVT

Legend
Reaction score
Stevo said:
500hp is bunches man. Way bunches lol. Wait till you feel it. 600-700hp you be lookin at 10 sec car and need lots of mods to run it. Rollcage, fuel cell, glass delete, etc. NHRA rules are getting strict now that the ricers are puttin out so much hp from those little caskets on wheels lol. Believe me 450-500hp will keep you busy for awhile.

i wanna beat new z06s lol

ripper

Reaction score
ut most z06 owners are noobs that

If i understand it right the z06 has 505fwhp. So i figure 470 to the rear wheels. Now weight wise they have you. Add a driver mod on your side and you have a chance.

Brian95SVT

Legend
Reaction score
Re: ut most z06 owners are noobs that

Stevo said:
If i understand it right the z06 has 505fwhp. So i figure 470 to the rear wheels. Now weight wise they have you. Add a driver mod on your side and you have a chance.

thats if i forge and boost, i can beat one. you can build a motor to rape them. my friend has a 383 stroker in a 68 hes building JUST to beat one.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeScholar

Members online