Put a Dumped Flowmaster on the 4.0 Lol...

KillNThrill24

Legend
Reaction score
Anybody else have a 4.0 Exploder? My mom has one. An 05 with 175k on the clock and I noticed yesterday, while fixing the alternator harness which was causing the check charging system light to flash and ding, that her muffler had a bunch of holes in it. 3 of them on the bottom then the side was blown out. Plus it was leaking around the ball flange. Perfect I thought, because I had 2 Flowmaster dumps, on ball flange, for my Mustang which I don't like on it, sitting in the garage.

So today I grabbed the trusty sawzall and grinder and cut the old ball flange bolts, cut behind the muffler, then cut up the remaining tailpipe to get it out and hooked up one of those dumps. But of course beforehand I just HAD to start it with no muffler lol. Sounded f'n terrible! So I got the dump on, and it was just long enough to get it all mounted up and secured and fired it up. No more sneakin around in it! Definitely doesn't sound like what I thought it would (too accustomed to V8's with exhausts lol) but doesn't sound too bad either. My mom said it sounds like it belongs to me now haha. She said that she feels like she needs to lift it up and put big mud tires like my ZJ lmao.

I gotta be honest... V6 cars for the most part just don't sound very good with exhausts on them. Like I said it's not terrible, but it's far from badass lol. It's just got a nice clean grumbly buzz to it.

That was my fun for today, just thought I'd share it with you guys lol

Chibbzee

Reaction score
I have an '01 Exploder Sport Track with 193,000 miles on it with a Flowmaster Super 44 dumped under the middle of the cab. I love it. Haha.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alleghenyamerican

Members online