Q's on installing BBK Catted H pipe

ck5.0

Reaction score
So I have installed an O/R H in my Fox. But I have not yet touched the exhuast on my 96 GT. I just bought a BBK Catted H Pipe. Aside from Mil's elems what else should I be looking out for when installing it? Any tips on the install or removal? Easy ways to reach the bolts, or anything like that, or etc? Thanks

Red96GT

Legend
Reaction score
It should be easy if you can get the bolts off from the manifold. I don't think there is anything else that is difficult :dunno:

OP
OP
C

ck5.0

Reaction score
I am sure the bolts are going to be a bitch. I am sure they have some rust on them. I guess I should have the breaker bar handy. I plan on doing it tomorrow. Thats for the info Bro

97blackgt

Reaction score
make sure u have pleanty of extensions and a swivel

lube up the maifold bolts good before i try to take them out...and make sure not to snap them

good luck O0

white98gt

Reaction score
97blackgt said:
make sure u have pleanty of extensions and a swivel

lube up the maifold bolts good before i try to take them out...and make sure not to snap them

good luck O0
+1. get some pb blaster & soak the piss out of the bolts. hardest bolts to reach are on passenger side. def. need the swivel. bolt sizes on driver side- 18mm. pass.- 19 mm. deep well. ( at the manifolds) don't have to remove the starter. hope this helps.

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
hmmm i thought any midpipe would fit auto/manual. I've never heard of a midpipe not fitting due to a certin tranny....headers on the other hand can be a problem.

boss281

Reaction score
blown97stanger said:
hmmm i thought any midpipe would fit auto/manual. I've never heard of a midpipe not fitting due to a certin tranny....headers on the other hand can be a problem.

I have a Mac catted H-pipe that sitting in my garage at the moment because it won't fit on my auto tranny car. Lies right up against the transmission. Mac support was NO help. Judging from the fitment, I bet it would slide ride on to a manual trans...

OP
OP
C

ck5.0

Reaction score
Hotness about the MILs. I got them for free from my brother so its no money wasted. I also have an Xcal so I guess I could have handled the check engine light one way or the other.

The driver side top bolt is f'ing impossible for me to get to. Any ideas. Should I remove the 02 sensor that is in front of the bolt?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
senior001

Members online