question about a chevy

OP
OP
B

Brian95SVT

Legend
Reaction score
i was like uhh yeah no.... he was like dude yes, ill rape your car but he totaled his truck. i was like dude, how you figure. he was like you need to learn your motors. i was like umm dude 350s are nice and all FOR A CHEVY but your shits way heavier.... plus i seriosuly doubt it would win... what yall think?

G

GREG@SN95

even if he's making twice the power I seriously doubt he'd win easily...

trucks aren't made to fly down the 1/4 mile... unless he has suspension modifications to put all that power to the ground and properly transfer the weight of an off balanced pick-up... you'll take the gold...

not to mention trucks run thick heavy ass tires that don't grip pavement as well as sports car meats...

he thinks that since he makes more power he'll win... but some 18 wheelers make 1000+ ft lbs of TQ and plenty of HP... ya never see them running the 1/4 mile...

he's a tool... race him and he'll be talking another story... lol... that'll hurt his pride

OP
OP
B

Brian95SVT

Legend
Reaction score
he totaled it a while back but he said that when it was running it would rape me. he said hes gunna try and get it back on the road, once i fix all my problems ill run him

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
haha you will ass rape him. I have a buddy with a 89 pickup w/ a tbi 350. I spun like a mofo and 2nd gear grinds badly but i flew past him no problem. I think he was like o ya im beating him then i just blew his doors off. it was funny. Unless he has a seriously built motor you will take him no problem.

G

GREG@SN95

MeanGrn Gt said:
haha you will ass rape him. I have a buddy with a 89 pickup w/ a tbi 350. I spun like a mofo and 2nd gear grinds badly but i flew past him no problem. I think he was like o ya im beating him then i just blew his doors off. it was funny. Unless he has a seriously built motor you will take him no problem.

TBI is crap... lol

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
Actually his truck runs real good considering its a pickup (and a chevy ;D).

G

GREG@SN95

MPI > TBI

TBI often times will starve the front most or rear most cylinders for fuel...
MPI is a much better design

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
well of course mpi is better. I am comparing it to other "earlier" fuel inj methods and carbs. O0

rick focks

Post Whore
Reaction score
i had some redneck jerkoff in a chevy dually try to hang from a light today, and I was in the srt-6...i backed off at 65 in a 45 zone, he did a redneck pencild*ck ricer flyby

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
GREG@SN95 said:

trucks aren't made to fly down the 1/4 mile...

unless the truck in question is a L ^-^

Red96GT

Legend
Reaction score
He must have been either a. Joking b. on drugs because unless he's got some crazy heads/cams, blower on the tbi 350 which apparently is not meant for fast, you will absolutely tear him up. My friend had an 89 k5 blazer that I would guess has the same motor and it was slow as hell.

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
There is a guy at my local track with a mid 80's chevy pickup with carb'd 350 with cam and head work that runs 12's on motor and 11's on the juice...its not a full out race truck either. A 350 has endless combinations and potential so you never know what it is putting out. He might be stroked and putting down over 400rwhp...that will make up for the extra weight.

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Where did he get the truck? maybe a family member helped him work on it? Go fast parts can be found for decent bargains for 350's so even if he is only 16 he could still score a hotter cam and better heads in a junk yard or swap meet.

G

GREG@SN95

Snakebit said:
GREG@SN95 said:

trucks aren't made to fly down the 1/4 mile...

unless the truck in question is a L ^-^

or a power stroke...

lol.. I whooped a v6 auto mustang in my pops lariat... 330 auto f150...

lmao... and my buddy almost beat one in a ford minivan... ha ha ha... that was so funny

ck5.0

Reaction score
My brother had a 90 Chevy 350 sport truck. We had quite a bit of of stuff done to it including a whipple I doubt that it would even break 13's maybe 14s. It didn't have everything in the world but ran well. I am sure it would Rape his truck but his truck might not rape yours. Just ask him what he had done to it. What does he drive now. If its quick chances are that his truck was.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
senior001

Members online