Radiator for my 95GT

Bitza

Reaction score
Hi guys n girls,

I'm replacing the radiator in my ol girl,

Do I go full alloy or original spec?

Not my daily driver, bog standard at the moment but plans are forming to up the hp.

Cheers

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Mishimoto makes a good aluminum replacement radiator. Helps with the cooling and comes with a lifetime warranty. Many of us have them and have had no issues. I can speak from experience that when they say the warranty covers wrecks they’re not lying. All I had to do was send a pic and pay for shipping and within a week had a brand new (and upgrade) radiator at my home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

beyondEOD

Reaction score
I have a 3 row Champion being delivered this week. I can report fitment and thoughts once installed.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

beyondEOD

Reaction score
Well I have the radiator. 1/8 is way to small for the fittings. I believe its 1/4. I have to run to the hardware store.

beyondEOD

Reaction score
Well I have the radiator. 1/8 is way to small for the fittings. I believe its 1/4. I have to run to the hardware store.

Alright verdict is in.

Champion inlet fittings are 1/4 NPT for transmission and petcock. You can reuse stock trans fittings from the oem radiator.

I'm reusing stock inverted flare female for the feed into trans. Return goes to a 3/8 barb that will connect to my Derale cooler. Then from the cooler it feeds back into the trans return line with a barb to inverted flare adapter.

I do not like the cheap petcock though. I will likely replace it.
0ec3c193468bbd5a13316f3ef76b2173.jpg
390a81c9febd67d6ead65557b5a7aff1.jpg
ff019bbecd5d7a1e7e0ae1d9d3d747f8.jpg

beyondEOD

Reaction score
Radiator does not clear the ABS. I'm done for the night. ugh

beyondEOD

Reaction score
This is from the Mishimoto instructions.

15. This step may not be necessary depending on the year of your Mustang, but for mine it was needed. Since the Mishimoto radiator is twice as thick as a stock Mustang radiator, it sticks in to the engine bay twice as deep as the stock radiator. This can lead to clearance issues with the ABS module. The solution is to unscrew the three screws holding the ABS mounting bracket to the engine bay and then slot the holes in the bracket to allow the ABS system to be slid towards the rear of the car by about¼.” Then, simply remount the ABS bracket as far back as the slots will let you and you should have enough clearance for the radiator.

I'll try this today. Smog pump might be in the way now :(.

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Smog and abs?!?! I heard those were legendary mythical items from a time long long ago. Didn’t know they still existed today!!!! [emoji38]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk