Radiator hose popped off... What is this?

MidniteGT

Reaction score
VjI8lcL.jpg

So going home for work started to smell radiator fluid. Stopped at the gas station to find radiator fluid everywhere. Found that this hose was off and that there was pieces of hard plastic in the hose and the connection point. It looked like a plastic restrictor that was dry rotted and came apart which was holding that tube on. I had to tie the hose down to get home. Does anyone know what this is? and a part number? Thanks

Tally_4.6

Reaction score
That's a heater hose buddy, lol.

Common for that to break off on the rear of the intake, time for a new one.

OP
OP
M

MidniteGT

Reaction score
Yea it goes to the heater core right? Also I believe some of the plastic pieces went through... Should a Radiator flush suffice to clean it out?

DKblue98GT

Reaction score
Unfortunately that plastic piece is part of the intake manifold that has broken off. It means you need to replace the manifold.

OP
OP
M

MidniteGT

Reaction score
Yea I just noticed that today when I got off work since I was able to get an actual good look at it. It is definitely the manifold plastic piece. I didn't have time when I took that picture because I was just trying to a figure a way to rig it to get it home. The car sat for 3 years pretty much while I was in England and a lot of things are starting to break sadly. Thanks for the input DKblue98gt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
senior001