Radiator Question

9D6snake

Reaction score
I had my motor rebuilt, forged rods, pistons, all new gaskets, as well as plugs. Traded in my old blower for a new v2 s-trim. Car is running, my guy said It was jumping to 220 degrees after steady driving for 10 minutes. He flushed the coolant system four times and still jumping to 215-218 degrees. He stated that after sitting for 5 months there could be coolant that has crusted over and is blocking the flow.

He recommended a new radiator: Which is a good brand to go with? He recommended Steeda? Thanks for input.

Thomas_W

Reaction score
Ive never had a problem with cooling on a highly modded motor, even with a stock radiator replacement

OP
OP
9D6snake

9D6snake

Reaction score
I've heard Mishimoto is a hit or miss ? how does OEM replacement compare to Mishi?

Pete@FTR

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
they had some issues with their rad before they did a redesign of them. Not sure who they got that design from then after what he posted but the stuff I have got from them was top notch.

Thomas_W

Reaction score
the SVE Radiator sucks too.. One of those was in my car and it had only 300 miles on it (verified by the sales and installation receipts from the previous owner) and it leaked from every core to end tank joint.

ReplicaR

Reaction score
With radiators, you get exactly what you pay for. I've tried going cheap on radiators, and they just didn't work at all on the track. On the street, an OEM replacement should be sufficient.

Pete@FTR

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
With radiators, you get exactly what you pay for. I've tried going cheap on radiators, and they just didn't work at all on the track. On the street, an OEM replacement should be sufficient.

Forgive my ignorance / laziness but what radiator are you running?

ReplicaR

Reaction score
I've had a bunch over time. I went from stock replacement, to Fluidyne, to a local custom built unit, and currently running a Ron Davis direct fit. I have yet to see how it works on road course, but I'll find out at the end of the month.

OP
OP
9D6snake

9D6snake

Reaction score
Does anyone recommend replacing the a/c condenser with the radiator? A 97 cobra a/c condenser is the way to go, correct?

ReplicaR

Reaction score
If the condenser is in good shape, doesn't have a lot of blocked or bent fins, I would leave it alone. Use some compressed air when the radiator is out, and thoroughly blow the condenser through, it will clear out some stuff and help more air reach radiator, and cool better.

SnakeBit!

Reaction score
change out your condenser to a 97 up condenser. will flow more air to the radiator.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chasingomas

Members online