Radio Delete/Insert?

xlilzeex

Reaction score
Im sure most of you know what Im talking about. Right now In my car I have two cd players and one is useless. Im actually getting an In Dash Touch Screen DVD/CD Player for my car this weekend and i want to take that bottom head unit out and put a shelf in there so i can throw my useless crap or just completely close it up. Any of you guys did this before and how do i do it? Post pics if you have em!

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
you might be able to get the pocket thing from ford...i thnk they are like $25

OP
OP
X

xlilzeex

Reaction score
Its a 96 GT. Do you have a link of this "pocket" think from ford?

ck5.0

Reaction score
You don't have to go to ford. Crutchfield sells it. You can even go to the install bay at your local best buy and pick it up. Mine was like 20 bucks.

Here is the cruthfield one

[attachment deleted by admin]

Fets

Post Whore
Reaction score
If you order your DVD player from crutchfield and specify that its going into a mustang, they will send you the shelve with your HU for free aswell as detailed instructions and tools if you even need them

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
also you can put gauges, switches or just a delete from florida 5.0. to find the site just :google2: it im too lazy to do it for ya right now lol

G

GREG@SN95

use a hammer and a screwdriver...

once its out all ya need is some duct tape

GDawg

Reaction score
I bought my "utility tray" from Ford. I think is was around $20. It just pushes in once the other unit is out. And there is a little rubber mat that goes in so the bottom is non-slip.

Radio-Insert.jpg

kspilly

Reaction score
Here's a shot of mine. I ordered this aluminum panel that houses three 2 1/16 gauges. Fits really nice, and is a clean install spot for adding more instruments.
S8006736small.jpg

Another thought for you would be cut a piece of carbon fiber and install it there. You could install switches or just slap a sticker over it. Some classify carbon fiber as 'ricey', but I kinda like the natural weave look. 8)

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
My 96 didn't come with the CD player in the lower space so i already had that nifty little pocket...i keep my radio remote in it.

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
DropTopPony said:
My 96 didn't come with the CD player in the lower space so i already had that nifty little pocket...i keep my radio remote in it.

or your stash of :pimp2: right???? :D

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Snakebit said:
DropTopPony said:

or your stash of :pimp2: right???? :D

no that went in the secret compartment under the armrest.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chasingomas

Members online