rattling exaust sound

95gtdrop

Reaction score
every time that i go higher up in the rpms (3500-4000) my exaust makes a very annoying rattling sound. it sounds more like its coming from the x pipe. i have noticed the same sounds in other 5.0's. i have 40 series flows, bassani x and stock exaust manifolds. does anyone else have this problem?

Downshift

Reaction score
Rattling like its rubbing on your frame or a ticking? Ticking would be like an exhaust leak. If its rattling crawl underneath there and grab onto the exhaust and move it around and see if its hitting or rubbing. Everytime I took a left hand turn or had anyone in the backseat I would hear this thumping noise and it turned out to be my muffler was banging against my subframe connectors.

OP
OP

95gtdrop

Reaction score
nothins loose underneath. it sounds like its coming from the motor almost. its not a ticking like a leak.

Downshift

Reaction score
It doesnt really have to be loose to hit anything just be in the wrong spot and move a little bit to make noise. Do you still have the tube that runs from the air pump to the mid pipe? I know a couple people who have had problems with that hitting the firewall.

OP
OP

95gtdrop

Reaction score
yeah i do. i didnt think of checking that. i will do that tomarrow.
thanks
i'll let you know if it works.

scootin95gts

Reaction score
well my car had that problem also and it was my flanges from my headers to my midpipe so you might want to check if those are tight also

Downshift

Reaction score
If it is, zip ties work great for it. 2 of my friends with 94 and 95 GT and I have those zip tied...

scootin95gts

Reaction score
well i got flows on a o/r h im thinking about getting a magnaflow catback when i get some cash

ripper

Reaction score
A ping is a rattle. Comes with stress on the motor. Put some 93 in it and see if it goes away.

Grnstang

Reaction score
I had some minor rattling after a friend and I pulled my motor and re-installed it. Turned out after re-seating the motor, the motor was a little closer to one side than before which was causing my x-pipe to sometimes rub against the frame when I would accelerate. We figured it was easier to just bend the pipe in a little on one side, giving it more room, and that took care of my problem.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cwacaser

Members online