Rattling Radio Bezel in the Vents

jumbowolfe

Reaction score
Have any of you experienced severe rattling of the air vents in your radio/AC controls bezel on your 94-03's? Reason I ask, over the years, the foam gasket peices in mine have disentegrated and since that happened, the vents now rattle bigtime over bumps or just the slightest little shake of the car.

Has anyone attempted to replace foam or ran into this problem, with a potentional way to fix (without buying another bezel)? Late Model used to sell these as brand new replacements and now you can't find them new any more.

Thanks.
Mike

Addermk2

Reaction score
For the longest time, I had a penny wedged in the top left corner of my radio bezel... to stop the rattle. Now I work at a dealership, so foam stripping is readily available to me. When my interior goes back in, I'm wrapping everything I can find that might make even the slightest of noises.

Sent from my CyanMobileX Evo 4G

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
Never had any rattling from my 94. What kind of foam is it? I have some thick self adhesive foam for a project that I got from vatozone called camper top weather strip. Its a soft foam that is about 3/16" thick and 1 1/4" wide that could be cut/trimmed easily.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
albertmarshall7752

Members online

No members online now.