Replace one pice headlights to original headlights on 98 Cobra

Cobra Norway

Reaction score
Hello from the other side of the "pond" =)
I have a 98 cobra with one piece LED headlights installed.
This is a link to similar headlights (can't claim that they are from AM):
https://www.americanmuscle.com/projector-headlight-led-black-9498.html
I bought the car with these installed, but I'd like to put back the originals.
After more than a few youtube vids I have learned that in order to install these one piece Axials some modificatons have to be done to fit them in. This involves cutting the the plastic that holds the original lights.
My question is this: can I just reinstall the original headlights or am I gonna have trouble due to the cut aways?
I find it easyer to ask first rather than having to do the work several times and risk working up an unhealthy bloodpressure.

I wish you all a happy easter =)

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
pretty sure the spot that gets cut out isn't structural or important to the stock lights and there is no problem putting them back in. Its more of just a divider between the two if I remember correctly

Makoto

Reaction score
Hello from the other side of the "pond" =)
I have a 98 cobra with one piece LED headlights installed.
This is a link to similar headlights (can't claim that they are from AM):
https://www.americanmuscle.com/projector-headlight-led-black-9498.html
I bought the car with these installed, but I'd like to put back the originals.
After more than a few youtube vids I have learned that in order to install these one piece Axials some modificatons have to be done to fit them in. This involves cutting the the plastic that holds the original lights.
My question is this: can I just reinstall the original headlights or am I gonna have trouble due to the cut aways?
I find it easyer to ask first rather than having to do the work several times and risk working up an unhealthy bloodpressure.

I wish you all a happy easter =)

worth it to try. the one piece lights don't fit right imo.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
worth it to try. the one piece lights don't fit right imo.
I agree to disagree :)
CNt5iVz.jpg

Makoto

Reaction score
i think they look great until you get to that seal around the back. i think i could probably make it look okay but i'm not willing to take a gamble on it :D

Flade

Reaction score
I have yet to see a set of the one piece headlights that fit and adjust correctly.

Go ahead and buy the set of Cobra headlights and side lights. They should slide right in. If you have any problems with the modifications, you just have to replace the plastic header panel. It comes out pretty easily. You have to remove the rubber bumper cover (a few screws and push pins). Then a few bolts and the plastic header panel will slide out. Reverse for the install. You will need a safety Torx bit to move the running Horse emblem, otherwise it’s just some 8mm bolts.

https://lmr.com/item/LRS-8284B/1994-98-Mustang-Header-Panel

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bs.austin.tx

Members online