Restoring and Protecting Plastic and Rubber Trim With Chemical Guys "Black on Black"

ChemicalGuys

Reaction score
Perfection is the ‘name of the game’ when it comes to detailing. The little details of perfection are what really make a car stand out from the crowd. As a professional detailer, it’s often the smallest details which are the hardest to get perfect. Areas on the vehicle such as plastic vents, honeycomb grills, and tiny trim pieces can really give a major headache to both the professional and enthusiast detailer due to the time consuming effort of addressing every one of these difficult to reach areas. The task of applying dressing to all these areas can be take up endless amounts of time just to get that perfect look to the entire vehicle. If just one single spot is missed on a freshly detailed vehicle, it really does get noticed. In the past, I have spent many hours painstakingly dressing each plastic and rubber piece on the vehicle using many detailing cotton swabs and foam applicators which is a daunting task.

DSC_2013Small.jpg

DSC_2054Small.jpg

I have recently begun using a product that has substantially reduced the time and effort that it takes to apply dressing to the various plastic and rubber trim pieces around a vehicle called Black on Black. This product is a detailers dream in saving time and effort while giving the best look possible to all the hard to reach places around a vehicle. Black on Black is an amazing spray dressing equipped with a unique atomization process that can penetrate into the tightest spots that you never thought you could reach. Once Black on Black is applied to the surface, the product dries to the touch revealing a perfect semi gloss shine that really brings the life back to any plastic or rubber surface.

DSC_2029Small.jpg

DSC_2035Small.jpg

My personal vehicle is equipped with a plastic cowl vent cover right below the windshield. Due the position of the cowl vent, is has been exposed to direct sunlight for over 15 years. I always try to apply a protective dressing to the cowl vent cover, but due to so many holes in the plastic to vent heat from the engine, it is very difficult to apply dressing without making a mess. Black on Black turns a time consuming job into a 30 second job. With just a few quick sprays of Black on Black, the cowl vent cover is returned to the amazing deep black color just like the factory. No mess, no fuss, no worries. This product gave me the perfect appearance I was searching for with zero effort.

DSC_2040Small.jpg

DSC_2048Small.jpg

After playing with Black on Black for a few weeks, I started using the product on a variety of surfaces all over the vehicle. Air conditioning vents become super black. My honeycomb grill went from being faded to looking fresh and fabulous. Plastic bumpers went from being gray to deep, dark black. I even started using Black on Black to dress those hard to reach plastic pieces and rubber hoses inside my engine bay to really give that brand new appearance. Best of all, I can keep a can of Black on Black in my trunk and use it on my tires right before the car show to really make my car stand out from the crowd. The uses for Black on Black are endless in the world of automotive detailing. Black on Black saves time and effort while being able to get deep into those hard to reach places all over your vehicle. Black on Black will be sure to change the way you thing about ‘perfection’ forever.

DSC_2022Small.jpg

DSC_2057Small.jpg

OP
OP
C

ChemicalGuys

Reaction score
"Black on Black" is on sale on ChemicalGuys.com for $8.95 per can.

One can goes a very long way. Just like all Chemical Guys products a little goes a long way so a can of "Black on Black" can perform many applications.

Woody6799

Reaction score
especially the overspray on glass... spray that cowl and you know its getting on the windshield.

OP
OP
C

ChemicalGuys

Reaction score
Does it last like that Black Forever gel?

Black on Black last a little longer than Black Forever Gel. Black on Black is designed more to get into the areas where you can't get a applicator pad.

If you are looking for extreme durability and longest lasting protection, G6 Hypercoat is the longest lasting dressing we offer.

How is the overspray? Just wipe off or what? In that pic it looks like its going all over the painted mirror.

especially the overspray on glass... spray that cowl and you know its getting on the windshield.

The sprayer equipped with Black on Black is a high quality atomizer sprayer designed to our specs to spray a very precise amount of product. With Black on Black, a little goes a long way so it limits down the amount of product being sprayed also. The product removes with zero effort and wipes free from glass or painted surfaces with a microfiber towel. Many customers of our love using Black on Black by the windshield since its very hard to get in the holes and cracks with an applicator pad. :thumbsup:

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Chemical Guys.

Make handz (Greg) use some on a faded SN95 door trim peice. Thats what will sell me, and I'll buy 3 cans.

JRad405

Reaction score
^+1

Handz using the stuff on that Rolls Royce a while back sold me on getting the Jet Seal and Hybrid V7.

SRT Handz

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Chemical Guys.

Make handz (Greg) use some on a faded SN95 door trim peice. Thats what will sell me, and I'll buy 3 cans.

What piece are you taking about? are you talking about the trim in between the door and the window?

Post a pic and what you are talking about and i might do it for you lol

If you are talking about that long piece between the door and the window, i personally prefer using G6 Hypercoat because it can be applied with a applicator foam pad.

miss2slocoupe

Reaction score
What piece are you taking about? are you talking about the trim in between the door and the window?

If you are talking about that long piece between the door and the window, i personally prefer using G6 Hypercoat because it can be applied with a applicator foam pad.

how about all of it? just to see how it acts on all of it

marq.fcb

Reaction score
SRT Handz TV salesman :D

[video=youtube;yGM2lsYEyho]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yGM2lsYEyho[/video]

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score

yup, that black window trim from the rear view mirror back to the C pillar at the base of the windows.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ccrider

Members online