"Rolling idle" HELP!

freefallin98

Reaction score
So my car has done this for a while now, almost a year. Sometimes, usually when its just being started up, I will be turning a corner in lets say second gear, and Im just dirving a long, I let off the gas, pop her into nuetral, or have the clutch in and coast, and whilie in braking its fine, but when I come to a complete stop, the idle goes from like 1000 all the way down to really really low and sometimes dies, but not always. What could cause this? HELP GUYS!

Thanks,
Free

ripper

Reaction score
Sounds like your IAC is shot. You can try to clean it but for 30 bux id replace it.

Whistler98

Reaction score
Stevo said:
Sounds like your IAC is shot. You can try to clean it but for 30 bux id replace it.

+1 this def sounds like your prob. My explorer was doing the exact same thing. It started out only now and then but I would have to keep my foot on the gas sometimes with the explorer in nuetral or my foot on the clutch and gas. I just replaced mine and it fixed it 100%. Very easy to replace this part also.

OP
OP
F

freefallin98

Reaction score
What is my IAC and where can I get it from? It would be sweet if I could fix it that easy lol... :dancing6:

ripper

Reaction score
Yellow arrow is pointing at IAC ;)

[attachment deleted by admin]

nyuk98gt

Reaction score
freefallin98:

Just a suggestion to make sure you get a "real" Ford IAC. The aftermarket IAC's do not seem to be as reliable. Find Randy Stinchcomb at Corral or StangNet or ModularMisfits and he will give you the Mustang Family Discount (he's a good egg).

HTH,

Chris

OP
OP
F

freefallin98

Reaction score
How much are they and where to buy? Lol dont really fee like researching at the moment haha.

ripper

Reaction score
There like 30 bux. 2 allen screws and your done. Very easy. I got mine from advanced auto parts.

OP
OP
F

freefallin98

Reaction score
So I could probably just pick one up from your daily auto parts store? Any particular brands to look for?

ripper

Reaction score
Take the old one off and take it with you. Compare them at the counter. I heard the ford dealership IAC's thing before but I got mine at AA. Works fine.

ripper

Reaction score
Clean your air filter while your at it. It could be a hundred different things but its usually the IAC or your TPS.

OP
OP
F

freefallin98

Reaction score
So I went into NAPA the other day and they wanted 82 bucks for the reakin IAC!!! Good lord people...I cannot afford to just throw money at something that expensive and not have my problem be fixed. What do I do>? :nonono: :help2: :lame:

Matt94GT

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
hey I have the same problem just not as severe im getting a new IAC today ill let u know if it helped. I dont know much about your guys' 4.6s but can you set the TPS? Seemed to help for me.

OP
OP
F

freefallin98

Reaction score
Ok yeah man, jus let me know.. what the hell is TPS ...something to do with fuel injection/throttle response im guessing. Well let me know how much you pay for the IAC and if it fixes it!

Matt94GT

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
well I got the IAC and 2 o2 sensors new for $15...lets just say someone was quitting their job ;) TPS is throttle position sensor? I think thats what it stands for. I didnt get a chance to do the IAC but hopefully I will tomorrow.

OP
OP
F

freefallin98

Reaction score
Oh wow..thats a deal Matt lol. I wish I could of gotton that type of deal. OK just lemme know how it works.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDTag

Members online