S281 Wing installation + photos

94kingcbra

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Alright wing is all mounted and finished. Here's some pics of the install.

First, I set the wing on the trunk and centered it.

Then I outlined the base of the wing with masking tape.

Then I got 2 pieces of paper and traced the outline of the wing. Once it was all traced, I cut the excess off.

After that I removed the wing, and aligned the paper up with the wing and marked the holes on the paper.

Then I took the paper and set them in the outline that I made with masking tape and taped it down.

Just to double check, I put the wing back on to ensure the paper was aligned, and it was.

Finally I drilled the holes, removed the paper and tape and mounted the wing with the bolts. It would have been alot easier with a friend, but I managed to get it done.

Let me know what you think :thumbsup:

[attachment deleted by admin]

OP
OP

94kingcbra

Reaction score
Ya I am, I'm glad the paint on the trunk and the wing match the car. The ends are already curved, and match the body pretty much perfectly, and think it looks sick. :headbang:

MadStang

Reaction score
your car looks way too similar to mine. I need to change to some things haha.

looks great btw :)

OP
OP

94kingcbra

Reaction score
Now all I need is the front bumper with the chin spoiler from abcexclusive and I think I will be done with the body for now. Maybe a paint job later next year. Thanks for all the input guys, I'll try to be here if you need anything.

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
looks great man, and you have balls. I'm not sure I'd be able to drill my trunk lid like that. Btw, how do you like that LED third brake light? If i go with the S281 wing I'd probably get that LED light for the trunk.

OP
OP

94kingcbra

Reaction score
The led light works great. I got the one with the black backround so it looks like it's smoked but it's not. It's bright too

OP
OP

94kingcbra

Reaction score
I got the wing from a guy on eBay and just got lucky with the quality... :thumbsup:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Markstang73

Members online