SAI and EGR delete

danielson631

Reaction score
so ive heard EGR deletes on a 4v is no good. is this true?

how about a SAI delete? advantages/disadvantages?

i tried to search forums and ive really come up with just about nothing, specific enough. lots of posts about this for 5.0s but not 4vs

looking to get rid of useless stuff, and clean up the engine bay which is coming along great so far.

btw i know there are no performance gains, and i dont care about the environment, or legally passing the car, i have a guy for that.

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Re: smog delete?

only harms performance. im not sure on the emissions equipment on our cars. sorry for the lack of help, but I personally suggest keeping it. our purge canister is hidden in the passenger side fender, so theres no "cosmetic" reason to remove that. the egr is hidden behind the heads, so no reason to remove that... ...

OP
OP
D

danielson631

Reaction score

i was more looking towards a smog delete, didnt care to much about egr delete and heard that this causing cooling problems.

GDTrumbo

Reaction score

Very few modulars have an air pump so, there is nothing there to remove on a '96+ Mustang GT/Cobra.

GT

OP
OP
D

danielson631

Reaction score

when i switch to COP's, since the coil packs/wires will be gone, you will be able to see this crap so much more.

this is the smog system correct?

just want this gone, if possible, without harming my engine/ or robbing performance.

HPIM0198.jpg

HPIM0197.jpg

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score

we'll need better pictures (or at least i will) my only experience is on my 2004 cobra motor and my 1996 2v. both of which are totally different than your motor (thats why i didnt want to give any concrete information.)

i will look some of this stuff up in my tech book tonight, see what i can find... perhaps you can simply relocate it. looks like fuel line, a tee, and a vacuum line.

OP
OP
D

danielson631

Reaction score

alright i thought it might generally be the same on most cars, but i will get better pictures later.

like i said above, the main reason i want to get rid of these is bc once the CP's and wires are gone, these pump things (2 of em) will be right in your face.

thanks a bunch, ill post better pics later

OP
OP
D

danielson631

Reaction score

ok heres some more pics. its hard to get the camera to get a good shot of the entire system, but i tried.
sorry if some of them are real crappy
HPIM0202.jpg

HPIM0204.jpg

HPIM0205.jpg

HPIM0206.jpg

HPIM0208.jpg

HPIM0209.jpg

HPIM0210.jpg

HPIM0211.jpg

HPIM0198.jpg

HPIM0197.jpg

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score

i looked through my book and couldnt find anything on this stuff... does anyone have a name for any of this so i can try and look it up in the index????

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score

cool. i'd relocate it, personally.... but thats just me... i looks like it will work out! :-D

massacre

Reaction score

Just remove all that junk, cap off the exhaust manifolds and vacuum lines.
All that does is pump air into the exhaust to help pass emissions. This was big in the '70s, and I had always wondered why some of the early 4Vs went with this "air-injection" system.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alleghenyamerican

Members online