Saleen got HIT!!!

quickstang_1994

Reaction score
Hey my car was hit by Pike Electric Company :aresehole:.
Is anyone a lawyer that can help or know anyone around that will help because
no one was in the car. They admit they are at fault and totaled the vehicle.
But want to give me alot less (thousands) than it is worth.
If anyone knows news stations or anyway to get the word out Please let me know.
Its a 97 S281 stickered at 40k. nada list one for 34k and worth 20k. They offered 16k and
I can't replace it for that. There are 3 I found between 21k-24k.
They told me since I refused the offer to deal with it.

Hicks

Reaction score
My Dad works at pike, where did it happen?

Hicks

Reaction score
quickstang_1994 said:
Greenville.
South Carolina department of Insurance said
I have to personally sue the driver and pike electric

O well have fun. I mean you need to do what you need to do in order to keep yourself from losing cash. Just pray about it, and maby things will come around.

Fets

Post Whore
Reaction score
Damn man sorry to hear that. Especially with a car like yours! Hope everything works out for you

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
get a lawyer, don't try to handle this yourself...you will have to prove exclusivety etc and finding a few for sale like you did will help establish a baseline...

OP
OP
Q

quickstang_1994

Reaction score
DropTopPony said:
get a lawyer, don't try to handle this yourself...you will have to prove exclusivety etc and finding a few for sale like you did will help establish a baseline...

No lawyer will touch it they say we only deal with personal injury? I have tried to find one.

94twinscrew

Reaction score
quickstang_1994 said:
Greenville.
South Carolina department of Insurance said
I have to personally sue the driver and pike electric

No offense hicks,but "oh well"?!....that's pretty cold. His Saleen just got totaled by this slimebag company's driver,and doesn't want to pay for what it's worth,so they low ball him.....No, praying isn't answer to his problem,a lawyer is.

Quickstang,that really sucks. Call your INS company first to tell them about what they are tying to do,sometimes they will get involved so as to keep you from tryin to recoupe some of your upaid loss from them. If not,retain legal counsil. The cars individual rareness,along with it's actual value....is worth WAY more than what they are skeezely trying to offer you. You have to sue them,to show that you're not just going to lay down,and let them walk all over you. You may have to pay a few hundred dollars for a retainer,but your lawer will also get his fee's reinbursed through the claim. Don't sit too long on this.

94twinscrew

Reaction score
quickstang_1994 said:
DropTopPony said:

No lawyer will touch it they say we only deal with personal injury? I have tried to find one.
You need a property damage lawyer.....do a search near your town with that heading.

Here's one for you.....JUST FIXED IT,......http://www.martindale.com/xp/Martindale/Lawyer_Locator/Search_Lawyer_Locator/search_result.xml?CP=1&ft=1&STYPE=U&PRV=OGO&INDGRP=&PRAGRP=770&SET=&CN=&CTY=&STS=43&CRY=1&search=1&type=1&PG=0&bc=&PAREA=

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
quickstang_1994 said:
DropTopPony said:

If you can't find a lawyer then you will have to do the legwork yourself and you need to call your insurance company and ask for some help. You might have to take the Electric Company to court and prove that your car is a limited edition etc etc and more then a stock 97 Mustang GT. They offered 16k and you said you found some for 21k...what is it that you want to get from them?

Hicks

Reaction score
I didn't mean for it like that actualy. but thanks for correcting me.
What i was meaning was O well Have fun sueing them.
Not like O well do without.

Im not a prick. Nor do i intend to be. So sorry if i came off wrong. Thank you for noticing that.

Hicks

Reaction score
And not kicking you or enything, but prayer helps in all matters of life. Because if your not involving God in it, then how do you expect to get it done?

FIVELITERS

Reaction score
WHAT! wow this i outrageous.

Retain legal council IMMEDIATELY, and do it NOW. Like not tomorrow i mean like RIGHT now, instead of browsing the forums, man, if this
happened to me i would have retained a SHARK lawyer within a half an hour after this happened.

DO IT MAN, DONT LET THEM WALK ON YOU LIKE THIS. :rant:

Wow.

And definitely pray about it, me and hicks will too.

Praying helps = not personal opinion.

Hicks

Reaction score
Yea, i feel bad now for sounding like a but-hole. Gues i need to read what i write alittle more clearer. But yea, just don't get screwed over. Sueing is going to be hard >Hence why i said have fun< but hopefully everything will go alright.

94Vert

Reaction score
Any personal property attorney that has passed the bar should be able to help. The company damaged your property beyond repair, they are responsible to pay for similar replacement. You have a good start by getting quotes of the same car. Also if you have any pics of your car showing what condition it's in that would help. This is a no brainer. Tell them if they don't pay you what you want you will sue. If they are smart they will settle with you. The rule of thumb is you sue for 3x what is owed you. 1/3 covers what you lost 1/3 covers the attorney's fee and 1/3 is for your pain and suffering. So if they don't settle you will come out ahead you will just have to wait a little while. O0

OP
OP
Q

quickstang_1994

Reaction score
Saleenflag.jpg

97_Saleen_Motor.jpg

97_Saleen_Interior2.jpg

94twinscrew

Reaction score
Hicks said:
Yea, i feel bad now for sounding like a but-hole. Gues i need to read what i write alittle more clearer. But yea, just don't get screwed over. Sueing is going to be hard >Hence why i said have fun< but hopefully everything will go alright.

I was kinda thinkin that you just worded it wrong.....that's why I pointed it out. You seem like too nice of a guy to be like that. :)

Hicks

Reaction score
94twinscrew said:
Hicks said:

I was kinda thinkin that you just worded it wrong.....that's why I pointed it out. You seem like too nice of a guy to be like that. :)

Yea, but im glad i was corrected ya know? ^_^

trav_19

Legend
Reaction score
yeah this needs to be taken effect right now....the police werent called to make a claim?!?!?!?!?!?!?

that could hurt you ...now its your word vs. theirs.... :eek: you had there offer to you but were their any witnesses or any written offer??
now they could say what are you talking about?? and totally play it off i hope the authority was notified and a claim was made

did you call your auto insurance???

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
senior001

Members online