Saleen searching for an engine !

MethosSVT

Reaction score
Hi guys ! I´m new to sn95´s and this seemed like the right place to learn. Long story short, I have a 96 saleen that needs a new engine, it used to have a twin screw engine that gave up at 500whp. I want to bring it back to life but for the moment it will have to be a more humble set up, I have a couple more projects that are eating up my money haha Anyways, I already read a bit about the NPI to PI swap, the problem is that I don´t have the old engine anymore to swap the needed part, so my question is, if I were to put in a complete 04 PI engine, I would have to change the whole fuel tank, fuel rails, PCM, and wiring harness correct??? is there anything else I would have to change like the exhaust? also, if I where to put in a 96 cobra engine, would it be just the engine and pcm or would I have to change anything else like the wiring harness, mounts, etc? Thanks for your time guys ! I will keep doing my research as I type this but any info would be greatly appreciated!

rz5.0

Legend
Reaction score
No you would just have to switch over to a return style fuel system. . Everything else you can use from the 96.. might have to do a lil splicing but should not be too hard. .

Enviado usando mi SHP-L710 usando TapaTalk

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
Just get the pi engine complete and add the rest from your car. It will all fall into place just fine like rz5.0 stated. Come here to ask auestions and keep us posted. Possibly make a build thread!!??

OP
OP
M

MethosSVT

Reaction score
Just get the pi engine complete and add the rest from your car. It will all fall into place just fine like rz5.0 stated. Come here to ask auestions and keep us posted. Possibly make a build thread!!??

Will do ! I'm still deciding which engine to put in, I think I'm starting to go towards a 96-98 cobra engine, it might be even cheaper than a PI engine. I will buy the whole car wrecked so I don't have to be shopping for all the missing parts. Thanks for help !

duff daddy

Legend
Reaction score
More questions than answers, but I will say keep it simple stupid.... just keep it 2v and swap it.

And btw twin screw describes the design of super charger..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDTag

Members online