1998 mustang gt 4.6l cranks engine turning over but wont start?? Help?

sn95reckless

Reaction score
Hello I'm Nick I've changed the fuel pump recently and now I hear it prime but I haven't checked for fuel pressure at the fuel rail I will try to mess with the valve on Monday but I wanted to see if anyone had any ideas. So I have 2 keys both not original. 1 works correctly hear pump prime with it the other I don't hear the pump prime and the theft light flashes woth that one in the ignition. So not sure if it's a security issue. I think it's still fuel related just thought I'd throw that out there. The fuel pump and theft maxi fuses in the engine bay just changed those out for new maxi fuses 30a and 20a for those. I also hear the 3 clicks from the fuel pump relay that's in the glove area. What do yall think I should look into?

thatsnninety5

Reaction score
you might've shorted a wire and caused the CCRM (Constant Control Relay Module) which is located in the passenger side fender. If the clicking is coming from there, that might be your issue. A sign of it being your CCRM could be your check engine light flashing and with each flash you hear a click from the passenger fender. Theyre cheap and easy to replaced. Get an OEM one from rockauto, carid.com, etc. Easiest way to replace them is to take off your wheel and pull down the plastic wheels well cover and you have pull access to it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suprasuavy

Members online