Saleen series ii blower/intercooler questions

Discussion in 'Forced Induction & Tuning' started by Frank.JD.Perez, Feb 29, 2016.

1. Frank.JD.Perez

Frank.JD.Perez Well-Known Member

So I'm debating on the idea of supercharging my stock motor, but the blower requires a intercooler. Does anybody know of any good sites or have any write ups on installing a intercooler on a 97 gt? Other than the possibility of buying the blower (which may not be the smartest since the engine has 241k) I can also go the 4v route (which is my preference). What would you guys recommend? Also this car is going to be autoX'd so keep that in mind; im looking to run 320/350 rwhp

2. ttocs

ttocs Legend

any reason it requires an intercooler? They are certainly needed if your going for high HP but you can get plenty of power off a non-intercooled kit and there is always the the addition of meth to cool it during WOT.

3. Frank.JD.Perez

I think it is required for the blower. It has a stegmeier stage 3 port job done to it. Also any tips on the mileage since my 2v has over 240k? I just found a 4V with 78k that I'm waiting to hear back on price

4. ttocs

ttocs Legend

do you mean this one?

http://www.saleenclubofamerica.com/SCOATech/superchargers.htm

With it being a roots style and mounted to the top of the block I am pretty sure that there is no way to intercool it although I am by no means the expert. I know these suffer from heat problems but that was just the down side to the design was heat soak.

5. Frank.JD.Perez

yes it is the series 2, the guy selling it says that it needs an intercooler

here is the post
    https://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/pts/5453432706.html

but how would this do on a 241k engine?

6. Thomas_W

Thomas_W Well-Known Member

Im not familiar with it, but if it wasnt intercooled originally, you'll have a hard time adding one. If it was originally intercooled, then it may just need the intercooler replaced. How easy that will be to find is hard to say.