"saleen" shocks and struts for Fox ... questions

W

Wes8398

Someone from a local Mustang Forum is selling a set of Saleen shocks and Struts, never installed, for $200 OBO. #1 I wanna be sure they they're not cheap knock-offs ... is just asking him for part numbers off of the shocks gonna help me prove this? Secondly, is a Saleen shock/strut the same as any other shock/strut where the Fox models are actually better for lowered SN95's?

S

scarface

if you get the part number you can have a dealer run the part number... I dont understand the "secondly" part ???

Quick96Mystic

Reaction score
The fox saleen shocks are Monroe i forgot which model they are but if you can get in contact with a foxbody saleen owner they can probably clarify which model they are

If im not mistaken they're a dark color shock with a monroe/saleen label on it.. i could be wrong.. i sold my saleen about a year and a half or 2 years ago so my memory isnt clear on it

OP
OP
W

Wes8398

Cool, thanks for the info.

The "secondly" part means that I'm wondering if the Saleen's for fox bodies will still fit and work with my SN95. I know that stock or replacement fox body shocks and struts fit, and are actually a good idea for lowered SN95's since they have a little more travel than an SN95 shock.

S

scarface

Wes8398 said:
Cool, thanks for the info.

The "secondly" part means that I'm wondering if the Saleen's for fox bodies will still fit and work with my SN95. I know that stock or replacement fox body shocks and struts fit, and are actually a good idea for lowered SN95's since they have a little more travel than an SN95 shock.
oh ok...I would assume since the fox shocks fit , that the saleen ones would also. I run fox shocks and struts on my 99.

stang94X

Reaction score
i wouldnt even bother with those struts and shocks, if your going to spend money, save a little bit more and get something more updated like Strange and yes any foxbody strut and shock is great for a lowered sn-95 and if the car is not lowered dont use them cause you wont get as long strut/shock travel, and scarface; that quote you have in your sig; that movie is f'in awesome

OP
OP
W

Wes8398

What's better about the strange shocks and struts? I don't want or really need adjustables right now. Plus, they're a LOT more money, not just a bit. The guy's selling these "Saleen's" brand new for $200 canadian. I wanna make my ride more comfortalbe then it is right now, and I've already tried a set of s/s from an '03 Bullitt (stock Tokico's) and they didn't make any difference.

S

scarface

your car is lowered...NOTHING is going to make it more comfortable except putting back in the stock springs.

stang94X

Reaction score
if you dont need nor want them to be adjustable, then yeah, buy the $200 canadian ones for sale

OP
OP
W

Wes8398

Scarface said:
your car is lowered...NOTHING is going to make it more comfortable except putting back in the stock springs.
I wondered this myself, but then I keep reading about people with lowered cars getting certain shocks/struts that helped to soften the ride back up. :dunno:

Matt94GT

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
hurmm aftermarket shocks should just be stiffer generally...not softer. if you want a softer ride I doubt you will get it. performance shocks/struts are made to handle better not have a cooshier ride?

OP
OP
W

Wes8398

I know what you're saying Matt - but read around, like I did. I didn't think you could make the ride any less rigid with different shocks/struts, since the spring rates are really what causes the 'rough' ride. But it's hard NOT to come across people saying that replacement shocks and struts made the ride MUCH more comfortable. That's why I went for the Tokico's from the '03 Bullitt ... thought they'd help out, like one person had said ...... turned out not to make the ride any different at all.
By the way, that is one SLICK stang you've got there man. Amazing color! And that front clip looks stellar. :thumb: :thumb: