sct tuner question?

16 with a 97 GT

Reaction score
Is there any way to change the shift points with this tuner with an auto trans. My can shifts way to early at just normal driving which makes it really bog down.

96sohc

Reaction score
I know it can be done; but for specifics I do not know.

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
yea you can adjust the shift points like + 7 mph in each gear i think..which should bring you to redline and the the shifts are lightning quick...can you say 3rd gear chirp in the auto? :dancing6:

any tuner will make a world of differance in the auto.

blackfang

Reaction score
Yes any tuner can, but you better have a cooler just in case you get out of hand :banana:

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
anyone actually have some numbers of what theyre car ran before and after an sct tune?...what would be the gain in 1/4 mile time with an auto?... I would say like .2-.3 right?

96sohc

Reaction score
I gained almost .5's with a PI Intake and tune; through an auto.

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
96sohc said:
I gained almost .5's with a PI Intake and tune; through an auto.

hmm thats good... probably like .2 with the intake .3 with the tuner..sounds about right..Im just hoping that with pi intake, tune, and some tires, I might see a 13.99 haha

96sohc

Reaction score
I'd probably contribute .4's to the actual Intake and .1 to the tuner.
I think sub-14's on a stock converter car with JUST the PI Intake is wishful thinking, but I'd love to see someone prove me wrong; I just don't think we can launch hard enough to pull the 60' times necessary.

Adam

Reaction score
The X-cal2 has limited adjustments to shift points. If you need something beyond what the X-cal2 can do (if you have original x-cal) then your tuner should be able to take care of you by having you use the free extreme tune software I think its called. www.sctflash.com I have had a NJ tuner email me tunes for my Expedition(XCal1) and it works great.

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
96sohc said:
I'd probably contribute .4's to the actual Intake and .1 to the tuner.
I think sub-14's on a stock converter car with JUST the PI Intake is wishful thinking, but I'd love to see someone prove me wrong; I just don't think we can launch hard enough to pull the 60' times necessary.

yea..I dont know..with all bolts ons, full exhaust with l/t headers, and a pi intake...ehh maybe not..but you never know..I dont know how much better my 60 foot will get with the new tires but it could be possible..I think its snakebit who said he made like 240hp and 300 tq with full bolt ons and pi intake and tune...so with those numbers in his auto.. I would say 13s is def possible..thats around 300 flywheel hp/

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diabolic2010

Members online