seat covers

GT Rob

Reaction score
How hard is it to change from tan covers to black wanting to change to black interior

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
How hard is it to change from tan covers to black wanting to change to black interior

Well for one, don't get seat covers. They look cheap and ugly as hell.

You can get them reupholsters how you want, just find a reputable shop.
Or you can just find a pair of black seats at a junkyard or on craigslist. They should be around $200 or so.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
If you talking about taking the factory cover off and replacing it, its a PIA. 10lbs of crap in a 5 lb sack. Getting the old stuff off is only slightly easier then trying to squeeze the new stuff into it.

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
perhaps a trip to our sponsor [MENTION=16800]TMI Products[/MENTION] would do you some good ;)

gate keeper

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
perhaps a trip to our sponsor TMI Products would do you some good ;)

Hey guys - 94-98 Mustang Upholstery is by far one of the most difficult upholstery sets to install.
For those years only Ford chose to GLUE the upholstery to the vinyl/leather. So in order to replace the two front buckets you must purchase both the upholstery and the foams.
We made them as two separate pieces and the install is pretty standard... on the front buckets.
However, the rear seat is a whole other story. We can not reproduce the rear seat foam so you literally have to 'skin' the old seat cover off of the stock foam and then use our new attachment method to put the new rear seat upholstery on.
We actually did a full installation video showing step by step how to do the install. CJ's and Latemodel have both the video and the PDF step by step installation instructions listed under the product details on their sites.
Below is a picture of a our upholstery installed in an SN95 Convertible. This guy found me at Mustang Week last month and brought me over to say how much he loved the covers and show me how well they came out --- he also told me he wouldn't ever do another set again due to it being such an intricate ordeal. He said he'd rather pay a pro.
IMG_0538_zps1077c6c6.jpg

OP
OP
GT Rob

GT Rob

Reaction score
Just text the guy and he sent me pics it's not the skins . He wants to trade a center console two front seats and the rear seat bottom is the only one that is the skin the rear backs are good so I have to use my bottom pad