Seat Problems

redmustang95

Reaction score
I recently started having problems with my power seat. The fuse blew out one day and replaced. A few days later, it blew again. Any one have a clue? Not that I need to move my seat around alot.

94TURBO5 0

Reaction score
One of your wires under the seat is prob catching in the rail somewhere and shorting out when you move it or hit a bump. Your cig lighter is also on the same fuse.

OP
OP
R

redmustang95

Reaction score
I think that might be so, my cig lighter also stopped working. Will check that, thanks.

stangs4life

Reaction score
I had a similar problem and it turned out that the motors were drawing too much current. I was told this isn't an uncommon problem for our cars. I found a manual seat track on ebay and replaced the electric one. The electric tracks are heavy. Now I can adjust all day long and no blown fuses. :)

tommybunz

Reaction score
add a 20 or 25 fuse solved my problem. i have power seats out of 03 gt

916_5.0

Reaction score
I had a problem like that it was the connection to my cigar lighter it wassparking on shit behind my shfter bezel and blowing out the fuse.

bigjohnson4.6gt

Reaction score
916_5.0 said:
I had a problem like that it was the connection to my cigar lighter it wassparking on shit behind my shfter bezel and blowing out the fuse.
mine was sparking too, so i just disconnected it and now its a holder for my ipod

tommybunz

Reaction score
mine does it when a penny falls in my cigarette lighter so just check that from time to time

916_5.0

Reaction score
I just went and got new connectors from kragen that have rubber arounf them so that they dont spark if they touch something metal behind my shifter bezel and that solved the problem.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UnknownArmy

Members online

No members online now.