semi aggressive sounding catback with no drone???

hori

Reaction score
I`m getting a magnaflow 2.5" catted x pipe for my 94 cobra and shopping for a good sounding catback that doesn`t drone. It seems the only semi good sounding cat backs that have minimal to no drone are dynomax ultraflo ss , magnaflow street and borla S type. All comments and replies on these sytems would be appreciated as I am undecided.

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
I had Magnaflow on my car and they sounded good, with very minimal drone. I always recommend magnaflow.

Reaction score
Borla!!!! Do it! DO IT NAO!!!

I run full magnaflow and it sounds great but I also have custom side exhaust and it reminds me of the stingers. A buddy of mine has a cobra (4v) with an o/r h and stingers and oh my gosh...eargasm

Firefighter181

Reaction score
I have a 2.5" MAC Flow Path with cat less Summit x-pipe and have minimal complaints about the drone. It is there but fairly indiscernible from road noise. Mine is a convertible, AODE with 3:73's also so take that into account, and Im getting old so I have a picky ear. Here is the sound on a fairly stock 5.0 with P heads and headers:

Idle and rev

Mustanger

Reaction score
I am having fun with my off road H pipe & Magnapacks! I can hold a conversation at freeway cruising speeds but if I tip into the throttle a little you have to wait a bit to converse again. Borlas or 'Packs sound fantastic to me...I'll eventually put the Cats back in.

OP
OP
H

hori

Reaction score
I got the magnaflow catted X pipe and magnaflow oval straight through mufflers, going on this spring.

lutter94

Reaction score
Cherry Bomb Vortex catback, O/R Prochamber midpipe. No drone whatsoever. Sounds great, and no one else has it apparently.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online