sequential tail light problem

wheresmycobra

Reaction score
just got done installing some sequential tail lights on my 96 gt. They work fine and go in sequence when i press the brakes or use the hazards. But when i use the right or left turn signals only the first bulb flashes.

I cant figure it out

robb15033

Reaction score
Double check all the obviousle socket pieces which should be numbered "1,2,3,R". Be sure to have 3157 regular incodect bulbs and lstly make sure the new Sequential turn signal relay is pluged in

OP
OP
W

wheresmycobra

Reaction score
i dont quite understand^ but i bought the one off ebay were you have to splice and everything. Im guessing it has something to do with the lock scotch for the two black wires

robb15033

Reaction score
If the bulbs are flashing really fast, take a look at getting a sequential turn signal relay. autotrix.com sells quality ones. When your turnsignals are on, they should flash at half the speed they originally did. This is an old video of mine that shows the flash rate.
[video=youtube;fYV_FdM1FEw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=fYV_FdM1FEw[/video]

Slykin

Reaction score
Not to derail this thread, but it seems the OP got his working. My question is if you guys have any problem getting sequentials to pass inspection.

V8POWA!

Zip Tie Yo Azz for $2.12!!!
Reaction score
you have a slow relay in correct? you need one, or at least I did. I think only the middle 2 worked without one, put the relay in and was golden......

robb15033

Reaction score
Never a problem passing inspection here in Virginia the last 3 years I've had them. The newer mustangs have them from factory. I know it's not original equipment options for our cars but I have never been questioned about it during inspection myself.

OP
OP
W

wheresmycobra

Reaction score
you have a slow relay in correct? you need one, or at least I did. I think only the middle 2 worked without one, put the relay in and was golden......

Were do i get this relay and were does it hook up? Because the third light on the very outside isnt working for me on the blinkers.

robb15033

Reaction score
The third bulb problem sounds like an electrical connection issue. Also, sometimes if a proper 3157 bulb isn't used, you have to pull the bulb out, spin it around 180*, and re-install it. Schematics and instructions are on line for wiring in kit. The turn signal relay is located under the steering column, could be yellow or black in color, it's a square relay, could probably hear it if you put your ear down near the column & pedal area. The sequential turn signal relay can be found at autotrix.net and AM sells a Raxiom brand. I am using autotrix.com's relay.
http://autotrix.net/repository/product/194.jpg

V8POWA!

Zip Tie Yo Azz for $2.12!!!
Reaction score
Mine is autotrix as well. Day and Night video of mine....

[video=youtube;Pp0zPfOKQzg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pp0zPfOKQzg[/video]

[video=youtube;h_dlkUozC_s]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_dlkUozC_s[/video]

Mustang Mark

Reaction score
i had the same issue with mine. i had to get an oem replacement flasher, it was a special order part at advance auto. the tridon flasher is garbage.

Mustang Mark

Reaction score
for whats its worth i bought the gt concepts ebay kit and soldered all of the connections instead of using the quick splices and butt connectors.

Mustang Mark

Reaction score
Double check all the obviousle socket pieces which should be numbered "1,2,3,R". Be sure to have 3157 regular incodect bulbs and lstly make sure the new Sequential turn signal relay is pluged in
you do not need a special relay for sequentials.

robb15033

Reaction score
HTML:
[COLOR=#949494]you do not need a special relay for sequentials[/HT[/COLOR][COLOR=#949494]L][/COLOR][COLOR=#949494].[/COLOR][/B][COLOR=#949494][B]M
[/B]You need a sequential turn signal relay if you want the flash rate to match what Ford produces factory. Using a stock relay will result in hyper flashing which almost looks like "trailing" turn signals. The sequential relay slows down the flash rate by about 50%. It's not needed, just an option for preference.[/COLOR]

98GTnSC

Reaction score
would you need a sequential turn signal relay for each side or is there 1 that runs both taillights? thinking about getting the Autotrix kit($65) thanks

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nike04life

Staff online

Members online