Shorty Header problem

BALZY_GT

Reaction score
I am in the process of putting on a set of FRPP shorty headers on my 94 GT. I am having clearance issues on the drivers side header. It looks like it is going to make the H-pipe hit the bellhousing. Has anyone had this problem before? Also does anyone know an easy way to tighten the front drivers side bolt? I'm thinking that I will have to remove the A/C pump from it's bracket? any ideas???

ICEMAN330824

Reaction score
LOL. ANY IDEAS, I HAD THESE SAME PROBLEMS. ITS A TIGHT FIT BUT I GOT MY EQ. LGTH SHORTIES ON MY CAR AND I HAVE A X-PIPE BUT IT STILL WAS A TOUGHT FIT, YOU JUST HAVE TO MAKE IT WORK. I NEED TO GET SOME NEW HEADERS/PIPE BRACES B/C WHEN I DOWN SHIFT HARD OR GET IN THE CAR HARD ON THE GAS THE X-PIPE HIT THE TRANNY, LOL. BUT IM GOING TO THE MUFFLER SHOP TO GET THEM TO WELD ME SOME ON FOR LIKE 5 BUCKS, NO BIGGIE. ALSO THE FRONT BOLT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO BOLT DOWN UNLESS YOU REMOVE THE A/C OR POWERSTEERING RACK I BELIEVE IT IS, YOU HAVE TO SLIDE IT FORWARD TO GET A WRENCH BEHIND IT. GOOD LUCK MAN. :dancing6:

ryclef331

Reaction score
The BEST thing you can do to make header installs easier is go to the parts store and buy a pack of the "socket head" header bolts (allen key bolts if you will). Mr. Gasket makes them. 1 pack does a small block chevy but you already have regular 7/16" bolts. What I do it put whatever bolt is easiest for the hole....if its a BITCH to get an open end wrench in there, I throw an allen headed bolt in that spot. Now, I can't remember how I used to do it but you CAN tighten that front bolt without pulling the accessories. If the allen head screws don't work there, I know I have a 7/16" 12pt. socket that I took a grinder to to thin out the walls of it that fit on there. Just keep fucking with it, you'll get it. Seriously though, try the allen head bolts out sometime. I can tightened a header down in about 10 - 15minutes....and those are 5 year old clapped out MAC headers!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online