ProKiller

Reaction score
i'm the oddball with roush side skirts.

here's a good shot of blwnbyu:
9648350959_1b44be1cc2_c.jpg

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
see the crack at the bottom of the hole? That is from a lowered car with sideskirts and why I went air-ride. Sucks as it looks killer just limits the ride height for daily use.

fiveohwblow

Reaction score
I absolutely was dead set on getting these, until you guys pointed out the rear of the car looking neglected. UGH.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
its one of those things that I have never had anyone come up in person and say they didn't like. Normally the side exhaust is a big compliment no matter the back end or not but if anyone EVER comes across the California designs customs ultimate aero shield let me know. Like I said been considering how I could make one myself for a while now...

100_2939.JPG

fiveohwblow

Reaction score
Have any more photos of that car from a profile view? Hard to determine how I feel about it from such a zoomed in view

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
Its got to the point that even finding pictures of it is hard too do let alone the original piece. I have been looking for 8yrs now and saw one come up and it was cracked and went for $400. Side exhaust by the time you get it painted, installed is one of those big boy toys that I just have never had anyone say they didn't like it.

fiveohwblow

Reaction score
Its got to the point that even finding pictures of it is hard too do let alone the original piece. I have been looking for 8yrs now and saw one come up and it was cracked and went for $400. Side exhaust by the time you get it painted, installed is one of those big boy toys that I just have never had anyone say they didn't like it.

Oh yeah? What does side exhaust cost on average? I know some people' score deals but I'm sure there is a common market value for this...

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I got mine around 2008. Dynomax mufflers and tips ran I think $250, side skirts were another $250 paint and install(the screwed as well as used panel bonding adhesive under the door as well as made mounts for the bottom lip under the car) was $600. I know some people say to use the double sided tape but after a career in car audio using that stuff to stick stuff all around cars I know it has a shelf life especially when exposed to the elements.

fiveohwblow

Reaction score
I got mine around 2008. Dynomax mufflers and tips ran I think $250, side skirts were another $250 paint and install(the screwed as well as used panel bonding adhesive under the door as well as made mounts for the bottom lip under the car) was $600. I know some people say to use the double sided tape but after a career in car audio using that stuff to stick stuff all around cars I know it has a shelf life especially when exposed to the elements.

Ok so roughly a G if you're paying someone else or 300-400 if done yourself. Seems reasonable.

Mustanger

Reaction score
I am going to add the Roush rear bumper cover to mine when I get the Side exhaust done...it will look more even back there too bad you don't find these much anymore...the Xenon reatr cover comes pretty close though.

98Roush-6.jpg

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I would have to disagree with ya on that one I would rather go with the stock rear bumper. That looks like to me like they modified a thunderbird bumper for it, just doesn't look right at all.

Mustanger

Reaction score
TTocs...I'd like to see the actual front & rear components installed on your car if possible....are they like adjustable air shocks or the larger diameter air bags? Thank if you don't mind....You system is EXACTLY what I want also! Love the leveler concept & the Digital presets! That seems like a killer price, I'd jump on that in a heartbeat! AM sells that for a LOT more!

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I am running a straight air bag set up. The bag replaces the coil on the stock suspension componants. They make the shocks in a shock/bag system but they have not got the struts for it yet. When I got my kit last oct they said that they were hoping it would be out in the next year. Last I heard they are still saying that they should be out shortly and know of at least one person that is anxiously waiting for them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarthur1995

Members online