Side exhaust

Discussion in 'Exterior and Interior' started by Sn95Willis, Jan 14, 2014.

1. Sn95Willis

Sn95Willis Active Member

Does anyone still run the side exit exhaust. That is going to be one of my looks when I am able to grab my stang. I want to get the Side exit kit like the old SVO kits. Post up some pics of Sn95's in here with them if you guys want.

2. Ferocious

Ferocious Legend SN95 Supporter

[MENTION=11896]ttocs[/MENTION] has (or had) side exit exhaust. I'm sure he'll post a few pictures for ya.

3. Orange 94

Orange 94 Moderator Staff SN95 Supporter

Ttocs, Rio, Detroit? Umm a ton of people have them, can't think of names.
    They look good on the right car. I think the side exhaust really neglects the rear of the car sometimes.

4. ttocs

ttocs Legend

As much as I don't like the new cardomain, there are many pics on the page in my sig.

5. Sn95Willis

Sn95Willis Active Member

I think Detroit may have been the car I seen on instagram. If it is lawd that car is sweet...

Ttocs did your side exhaust hamper your ability to go over certain stuff.

6. OnyxCobra

OnyxCobra Legend

I ran the Borla side exhaust for a year, sounded good but greatly reduced my ground clearance because of my subframe connectors. there are ways to make it a little better though.

7. Sn95Willis

Sn95Willis Active Member

Ill either run Side exit or no side skirts at all.

8. ttocs

ttocs Legend

THAT was the reason why I never lowered the car until I decided I could have my cake and eat it too and bagged it. Have not had a problem since :) Yes it will get in the way at stock ride height lowered you run the risk of tearing them off. ITs not uncommon to see the back portion by the wheel broken off because of this.

9. Sn95Willis

Sn95Willis Active Member

LOL well then No side skirts and dumps it will be for me. I still have my Spin Tech Pro-streets in the garage from my 2002 GT. They have been calling for another stang for a long while now.

10. ttocs

ttocs Legend

but air bags are cool. Do:) it and you will thank me

11. Mustanger

Mustanger Well-Known Member

Hey TTocs show pics of your bag install! How much did you have to invest if I may ask...it's still on my high priority list. Thanks (New thread if you don't want to hijack this one...)

12. ttocs

ttocs Legend

Cost will vary on who/what system you get. I found the Ridetech E3 system and being a techno geek fell in love with its automatic leveling system. It has sensors mounted to the control arms so it monitors both the bag pressure as well as how far up/down it has moved so you can have preset ride heights that it goes to no matter if I have 400lbs on the passenger side or if its empty. Naturally this is more expensive then just a traditional set up like tony did with just some gauges/switches but both do the same job, short of the auto-leveling I mentioned. I have seen systems start around $1k I think but [MENTION=17070]Tony[/MENTION] would be better to ask as he has been playing with them for a while. The hardware on mine was $2k.

Are you wanting pics of the bags, the digital display or something in particular? My video is cheesy as heck but it gives you the idea.

[video=youtube;-ZTMA_wxwAM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ZTMA_wxwAM[/video]

I would not have made it into that garage with out the bags.

13. ttocs

ttocs Legend

Warning if you have been considering it, and love electronics like myself then do NOT watch the video showing my system.

[video=youtube;acjOXi5z4O8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acjOXi5z4O8[/video]

14. OnyxCobra

OnyxCobra Legend

very impressive system, what's that run for our cars with the height reader and all that?

15. ttocs

ttocs Legend

all the hardware ran me $2k

The display got me as well. That is the piece I flush mounted into the explorer overhead consol

16. MustangChris

MustangChris Legend SN95 Supporter Retired Staff

i hate the new site too.

---

anyways, im with [MENTION=17635]Orange 94[/MENTION] the side-exhaust needs love to make it work. the rears of our cars, i feel, have a really "high" rear bumper that dont flow well. [MENTION=8116]Dalamar[/MENTION] had some custom work done on his to make it flow and it looks like sex. Going side exhaust can just amplify this problem, IMO.

Dont get me wrong. cars with it can look great, just not my cup of tea, is all.

17. ttocs

ttocs Legend

I have too agree if you look at them from the side with the side exhaust it is lower then the rear valance. If/when I find the CDC ultimate aero cover(needing repair or not) I will get it, hell I have been wondering what it would take to make one as it made it look better IMO. BUT you can also get around that by dropping it down so low that someone would have to have their face on the ground looking parallel to the ground to tell if you just drop it like its hot.
    [​IMG]
    at the point the sideskirts are <1" from the ground, nobody cares.

18. ProKiller

ProKiller Well-Known Member

that is still my biggest problem with the exterior of my car is the rear bumper matching up with the side skirts. have some plans/ideas rolling around in my head, just have other things i want to do first.

if done right, ground clearance isn't a problem. my long tubes hang lower than the side exhaust does.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

95riosnake:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

det_riot:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

19. Sn95Willis

Sn95Willis Active Member

I like the kits on both Det_roit and the 95riosnake. I like how the pipes are fit in the side skirts.

20. ttocs

ttocs Legend

You don't like my tits? I mean tips? :)