Smog

MC_Ryder96

Reaction score
so i'm kinda new to this forum and i've been doing alot of reading and there's a lot of great information on here. So i just bought a 1996 mustang cobra a month ago and loved the car, so far no problems, except one thing when i got the car the owner told me that it has straight pipes on it and will need the stock exhaust pipe w/ cats to pass smog. so i was bought the car not knowing how much the stock pipe cost and realized i should of bought that first. so now i can't drive it till i get it to pass smog. So was wondering if anybody has the stock pipe w/ cats for sale or knows someone, or even just to let me rent it so i can get it to pass smog, and will pay for the rent. I really need to get this beast out on the streets again. thanks
Victor

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
i sold my 2004 cobra pipe for $75.00 (or was it $50?) with 31xxx miles, all cats in tact, and 4 OEM cats. check craigslist, and call your local perfomance shop...

OP
OP
M

MC_Ryder96

Reaction score
yeah ive been looking on craigs list haven't found anyone yet but do you know if the 99-04 cobra cats will fit on the 96 cobra's???

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
well, cats are weld-in products, as far as i know.... they might make clamp-on ones, but ive never seen them... so will 03/04 cobra cats "fit" a 1996-1998 Cobra? probably with enough fabrication.... but it would be cheaper and easier to get a pair of high-flow aftermarket cats off www.jegs.comhttp:// and ahve a shop weld them in.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peasant99

Members online