Sn95 export version numbers, And smog delete questions

Bitza

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Firstly
I live down in NZ, and have got a 95 export version (Japanese), and was wondering if anyone knew where I could find info on the numbers,( body, engine, colours and specs) exported there.

Mine came into NZ in 2015, shes a Deep Forest Green GT coupe, the only one I know of here amongst the Mustang clubs, so I'd like to see how rare she is, or not.

Secondly, I'm in the process of gathering the parts and info for removing all the smog system so I can change the rh side spark plugs without cutting the crap out of my arms. Do we get any hp/torque/economy improvements?

BTW, Throwing in a rebuilt diff with 3.55 ratio Iin this weekend.

Cheers

Chris

OP
OP
Bitza

Bitza

Reaction score
Hell yes!!!!
Does yours in certain light, look blue?

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
its been mistaken for blue/green/black over the years. There are blue and yellow pearls in the paint.

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Will you gain much from removing the smog?? Not really. Will it clean things up and make it easier to do work??? Hell yes!!!!

Keep in mind you’ll need a chip with the emissions turned off and a block off plate to do so. Most just get a brass cap to plug the egr bung on the header or you can get aftermarket headers for a fox and they won’t have the bung.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Bitza

Bitza

Reaction score
Will you gain much from removing the smog?? Not really. Will it clean things up and make it easier to do work??? Hell yes!!!!

Keep in mind you’ll need a chip with the emissions turned off and a block off plate to do so. Most just get a brass cap to plug the egr bung on the header or you can get aftermarket headers for a fox and they won’t have the bung.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cheers for the info. The car has an aftermarket exhaust system already. And the pipe to it has been blocked. Hoping that plug jumpers will fix the ecu readings.

Last edited:

Monsterbishi

Reaction score
Welcome to the Kiwi chapter of the club ;-)

If you want to really bring the car to life, save up some money and invest in a aftermarket ecu, don't bother with any chips, jumpers, resistors, etc. Then you can rip out all the daft bits in the engine bay.

I have a Link G4+ in mine with a decidedly bespoke wiring harness, presumably you don't need anything like anti-stall or rolling launch control so something like the Plugin Megasquirt ecu is infinitely better than any chip, etc.

Where in New Zealand are you?

OP
OP
Bitza

Bitza

Reaction score
Welcome to the Kiwi chapter of the club ;-)

If you want to really bring the car to life, save up some money and invest in a aftermarket ecu, don't bother with any chips, jumpers, resistors, etc. Then you can rip out all the daft bits in the engine bay.

I have a Link G4+ in mine with a decidedly bespoke wiring harness, presumably you don't need anything like anti-stall or rolling launch control so something like the Plugin Megasquirt ecu is infinitely better than any chip, etc.

Where in New Zealand are you?

Monsta,

I'm in Christchurch, also a member of CMOC.

FB_IMG_1573360152237.jpg

What about you?

Monsterbishi

Reaction score
I'm a Christchurch local too :) If you need any service info for your car, let me know what you're after - I have the dealer service manual for our cars which is imminently more useful than some stuff you find online!

Monsterbishi

Reaction score
'94 GT:
caged.jpg

snvert

Reaction score
I used a 95 1/2 cut donor outta Japan for my 65.
The resistor trick didn't work for me, not sure if they work on 94/95 at all. Had to use the factory ECU on mine as I wanted to keep the AODE box and 2 speed fan.
I'm using a Quarterhorse to turn off the smog stuff and setup the gearbox.
Didn't use a smog eliminator pulley, just a shorter belt routed differently.
Cleveland fuel pump blockoff plate for the EGR valve.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robtalbott