SN95 Official - Post Up Your Daily Driver

Slykin

Reaction score
That Evo has a french mustache... just saying lol. I've love to drive it though.

drftrmike

Reaction score
it is a sh!t load of fun. problem is i destroyed the stock turbo running to much boost spit oil threw the entire intake pipes to the manifold some how fucked up the valve guides in the head so i got some simple mods being done to the engine which includes, custom turbo manifold, gt35r turbo, hks 272 cams, port and polish on the heads stage one done by port flow in sante ana, 1000cc rc injectors, plus custom tubing for the intercooler a spearco intercooler.

mods done now are complete suspension system all from tein super street coil overs, tein front and rear strut bars, pillow ball mounts, cc plates, a dc down pipe 3 inch no cat and a apexi full cat back exhaust alot of fun that car is

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
my daily

F1.jpg

F2.jpg

drftrmike

Reaction score
o it is it is i will post some pics and try and get video up here when its all done just waiting on the tuner

OP
OP
J

JonBeast

Legend
Reaction score
OnyxCobra said:
Jon what about an Acura TL?
I've considered them as well...but its basically a glorified honda accord with an acura emblem slapped on it. Plus, to get a newer one with good mileage, is in the same price range as the Lexus is250s I've been looking at. So, its no comparison in my book.

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
hmmm, they're like 10x nicer than an Accord lol. All the ones I've seen except the really new ones were a good deal cheaper than the IS250s (of course this was a year or two ago), and the one I drove was so much more solid than my IS too. Not to mention they make better power and probably get better gas mileage too. I like how they all come with every option except nav, makes shopping easier. Idk for whatever reason I only really like the IS250 in white.

OP
OP
J

JonBeast

Legend
Reaction score
OnyxCobra said:
hmmm, they're like 10x nicer than an Accord lol. All the ones I've seen except the really new ones were a good deal cheaper than the IS250s (of course this was a year or two ago), and the one I drove was so much more solid than my IS too. Not to mention they make better power and probably get better gas mileage too. I like how they all come with every option except nav, makes shopping easier. Idk for whatever reason I only really like the IS250 in white.
I mean yea they are obviously nicer than an accord, but the styling is painfully similar...and sure they are cheaper, but they also don't have the exterior or interior styling that the is250s have, or the cool features like the smart key, ac seats, etc. Also, the TL gas mileage is 18 city, 26 highway, 21 combined...and the is250 gas mileage is 21 city, 29 highway, 24 combined. (Thats a direct comparison of 2007 models from fueleconomy.gov)

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
Gotcha, well at least the TL isn't slow as dirt lol. I really don't see the styling as similar but it's all good, just figured I'd throw out an option. There are a lot of other cars you could look at but it sounds like you already have it narrowed down to the final options; personally I'd go with the IS over the FX but ones a lux sport and the other is a crossover so it's hard to compare them.

drftrmike

Reaction score
330cube whens it all done your welcome to step up and try and take me down but just a warning i dont do that straight line crap

Lee12609

Reaction score
LOL @ all the honda comments from the first page (all i looked at).

ALL D15 and D16 vtec engines look identical, there is no way to tell the difference by looking at that picture, it could be a d15z1, d15b vtec, a zc vtec, a d16z6, or a mini-me.......

also, turbo size has nothing to do with how much boost he probably is running. mine had a small garrett (chrysler t3) and was pushing 22psi, made 322whp @ 22psi.......

and WTF, how do you mistake a turbo for a CAI bypass valve?????

and i daily drive my vortech boosted 96gt!!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JohnnyOctane

Members online