SN95 Road Race suspension settings

Pantera1889

Reaction score
Hello,

I am curious as to what people's real life experience is with the angle of the rear lower control arm is. I have a ,new to me , SN 95 race car that has a Cortex SLA ,Cortex Watts link , MM torque arm and I run Dunlop slicks.

The front of the car is pretty amazing. The turn in is excellent , it is very predictable and never has even the slightest amount of push. The rear ,however, is a different story. It feels loose at turn in ,decent through the middle of the turn and is loose on exit. I never get that confident feeling from the rear. I have made a few adjustments ( lowered the watts, lowered the rear of the car and played with air pressure) these changes seemed to help but only slightly . To me , the rear of the car still seems a bit higher than it should be so

I had planned to lower it a bit more and see what it does. That's when I noticed that the lower arm is already lower in the front than the rear and lowering the car would only make that worse. I know , from my drag racing days that lowering the rear of the lower bar helped traction quite a bit . I was curious what effect it would have in a road race setting?

Anyone have first hand experience with this in a Fox or SN95?

Thanks,
Ron

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
You answered your own question. Your lower control arms should have a downward angle from the chassis mount to the rear end mount. You can pick up a set of mounts from Kenny Brown that will facilitate this.

az97cobra

Reaction score
Man I was never aware of this. I always thought level was the objective. Have to go check mine again. Good info though!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Touch Red

Members online