Convertible guys. Eibach Pro-Kit vs Ford Racing "G" Springs

Mustang5L5

Reaction score
Need to swap out both front control arms due to bad bushings. I do NOT want to deal with trying to get a stock spring back in so going to go to lowering springs.

Shocks/Struts will be Bilstiens.

Looking online, I kinda like the Eibach Pro-kit and the Ford Racing G spring, at least on paper.

Pro Kit (convertible)
460-570 front
170-310 rear
Advertised drop: 1.3" front/1.4" rear

FMS M-5300G
500-570 front
170-310 rear
Advertised drop: 1.2"

The G springs are cheaper, but very little feedback on these at all. I am more attracted to them because the (advertised) drop isn't as much. This is a semi-daily driver so looking for ride comfort and practicality. The spring rates are pretty similar so not sure it's worth nitpicking over that.

Does anyone have either spring and want to offer some feedback?

EDIT: Well after some googling, it looks like the Ford Racing G spring is made by Eibach. Likely the same springs. They are cheaper however. ($290 at summit vs $350 for the eibach). Looking at pics of them they even say Eibach on them :D

Last edited:

cobrajeff96

Reaction score
I ran the Pro Kit for years and it was about as good as it gets shy of coilovers. Perfect drop, decent ride all the way around. Before that it was Intrax (Griggs) and the Eibach Sportlines. Both of those made the car ride like a lumber truck. Felt like I was gonna piss foam after a 30 minute drive.

95opal

Reaction score
Have no complaints about the pro kit ran them for about 6 years.

Snorky

Reaction score
Eibach prokit with new upper snd lower rubber isolators. Have only gotten to take it around the block a few times since it's naked, but it's a great ride. Have it mated with koni oranges.
Used to run an eibach pro kit knock off from cj pony parts on my green car, same plush but sporty ride.20230827_194921.jpg
20230827_194910.jpg20230826_122333.jpg

OP
OP
M

Mustang5L5

Reaction score
Has anyone ever run the pro-kit with stock (oem) shocks? Hows that ride?

I'm going to swap to Bilstiens later, but just going to put the springs in now because I really need to swap out my front control arms due to bushings/balljoints. I don't want to fight stock springs going back into the car, hence sticking the lowering springs in now. I still have my OE 68K mile stock dampers.

Another month or so of convertible weather and then into the garage for the winter. I'll do the shocks/struts and C/C plates at that point.

95SN95

Reaction score
Is this the Eibach pro-kit 3510-140? If I remember they weren’t listed for the GT convertible but were for the V6 convertible.

maillemaker

Reaction score
What is the problem with removing stock springs? I plan on rebuilding my suspension when the temperatures drop. Was planning on keeping the stock springs. Car has a harsh enough ride now.

95SN95

Reaction score
they’ll fit just interesting it doesn’t show GT convertible.

OP
OP
M

Mustang5L5

Reaction score
Not the 3510.140's.

Look up the 3530.140 springs.

1694115306941.png

Technically I ordered the Ford Racing G springs, which do list the 99-04 Gt convertible.

Ford Racing G springs

If you zoom waaaay in on the picture, they say Eibach and that's the part number for the Pro kit. They were cheaper than the EIbach's so assuming they are the same spring, i figure i save a few bucks based on what box they show up in.

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

Mustang5L5

Reaction score
What is the problem with removing stock springs?

Their free lenght is rather long, so it can be somewhat of a PITA to get them back in. Some folks use an OTC 7045-B spring tool, but it's rather expensive. Sometimes you can work them back in by hooking up the balljoint and jacking the inside of the arm up and putting the bolts in.

All the online videos make it look easy. Having tried it, it was a PITA to do.

This tool makes installing lowering springs much easier, but it won't work with longer OE springs. It won't work with the shorter OE springs like Bullitt/Mach/Cobra springs a well

Spring Install Tool

cobrajeff96

Reaction score
The weight difference between GT and Cobra, as well as hardtop vs convertible, isn't enough to worry about compressing the spring more than what the lesser weight car will already compress it to. It might shorten it like half an inch or something around there. It's not a big deal and you probably won't notice it.

maillemaker

Reaction score
Their free lenght is rather long, so it can be somewhat of a PITA to get them back in. Some folks use an OTC 7045-B spring tool, but it's rather expensive. Sometimes you can work them back in by hooking up the balljoint and jacking the inside of the arm up and putting the bolts in.

All the online videos make it look easy. Having tried it, it was a PITA to do.

This tool makes installing lowering springs much easier, but it won't work with longer OE springs. It won't work with the shorter OE springs like Bullitt/Mach/Cobra springs a well

Spring Install Tool
What are OE springs? Original Equipment?

Do car parts places rent the spring tool that will fit?

OP
OP
M

Mustang5L5

Reaction score
What are OE springs? Original Equipment?

Do car parts places rent the spring tool that will fit?

Yes

OE = Original Equipment
OEM = Original Equipment Manufacturer.

I do not know if auto stores rent the correct spring compressor. TBH, other than a set of '01 Bullitt springs, i've never installed stock springs. The bullitt springs were long enough that i had difficulty getting them seated. Had to resort to some "non-approved" methods to get them.

maillemaker

Reaction score
Yes

OE = Original Equipment
OEM = Original Equipment Manufacturer.

I do not know if auto stores rent the correct spring compressor. TBH, other than a set of '01 Bullitt springs, i've never installed stock springs. The bullitt springs were long enough that i had difficulty getting them seated. Had to resort to some "non-approved" methods to get them.
OK, I thought so.

I mis-read your post.

I thought you were saying most people used the OTC 7045-B spring tool for OE springs, but then said it didn't work on OE springs.

But you were talking about the spring tool in the last link.

OP
OP
M

Mustang5L5

Reaction score
Ah yes. Different spring tool. This one.

MM spring tool

Specific for lowering springs. I’ve done them in the past without it but figure I pick one up and try it.

OP
OP
M

Mustang5L5

Reaction score
FYi

For future reference, when you order a set of Ford Racing “G” springs, they show up in an Eibach Pro-kit box with a Ford sticker w “M-5300-G” on the side. :D

So Ford M-5300-G = Eibach 3530.140

It was $50 cheaper to order the ford part number vs the Eibach number

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suprasuavy

Members online