Snake oil

Reaction score
Oil additives always cause debate about their effectiveness but I have found one that I will swear by Lucas Oil Stop leak. My SN 95 always left a drop or two of oil on the garage floor. I had tightened the pan bolts and valve cover hold downs to the point where I didn't want to split them from over torquing. I added Lucas Oil Stop leak and drove the car about 60 miles and then parked it in the garage. DRY ! Not one drop of oil on the floor. The essence of this product is that it causes gaskets to swell and thus seal. I also used it on my walk behind snow blower that had an engine oil drip. It fixed that too !

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
Get ready for a rebuild or at least a reseal of the engine. Sure, the seals will swell but it also makes them soft. Eventually, the leak will come back with a vengeance.

Hate to be the bearer of bad news. You don’t want to use any kind of stop leak or transmission stop slip or anything like that. It causes worse issues.

MyLittlePony

Reaction score
Heard good things about ATP AT-205. But my main issue is the main rear cap seal, which can’t be helped without pulling the engine out. I just keep an eye on the level and top it off every so often. Park under a drip pan, or on the street if I don’t want to mess up someone’s driveway.