Spare or no spare?

Spyder

Reaction score
As the title read, what do you guys thinkn about the spare. Keep it or ditch it. How many of you guys are running without it? Also, if you have a sub mounted in the spares area, could you post some pics of it. That kinda where im going with this whole thing, i want a sub in the trunk and since i have the Kenny Brown rear strut brace i need to either put it in the wheel well or in the spares place. Thanks for the info

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
MY spare goes everywhere the Cobra goes except on race day, you never know when you might be out at 2am get a flat.......have a dead cell phone and need that little tire. Keep it in the back and only take it out to make a trip down the 1320.

OP
OP
S

Spyder

Reaction score
Yeah thats kinda what im think. Im sure the minute i remopve it will be the day my tire blows.

97WhitePony

Reaction score
Snakebit said:
MY spare goes everywhere the Cobra goes except on race day, you never know when you might be out at 2am get a flat.......have a dead cell phone and need that little tire. Keep it in the back and only take it out to make a trip down the 1320.

Had the same problem... took mine out... not hours later... the wheel fell off the car and went flat... (long story short) you NEED that spare tire

TxCobrA98

Legend
Reaction score
that seems to be the story, something usually happens when you think it will but go ahead and do it ne ways. id say keep that thing in there cause i bet it happens if you take it out. :-\

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I know alot of guys who drive around with no spare but i am not one of them...sadly the moment i remove my spare i will get a flat. As far as a sub goes I have a 12" JLW6 in a wedge style box that fits neatly in the corner of the trunk and can be slipped out if i need access to the spare. I would have put in 2 subs if i didn't have a spare but such is the balance of life.

Matt94GT

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I dont have a spare but I ride on nice tires, watch were I park etc plus I have BCAA membership which gives me a free tow (costs like $50 a year) so im not really worried. Plus a spare wont fit over my cobra brakes anyways, need a cobra spare and there $$$.

MAXX RS4

Reaction score
There's no sense in not having a spare while driving on the streets. That's just asking for trouble.

When at the track, take it out. You'd better hope you dont get a flat going down the 1320 or you'll be in a big mess. :noes:

Foster98GT

Reaction score
I don't have my spare in. I have a 12in Punch Phase 3 sitting where the spare goes. I guess i should also say thankfully Ive never needed it like that.

ALITL8

Reaction score
i roll with the spare unless im going to the track. i also ride on good tires but you never know... shit happens all the time ;)

deadlast

Reaction score
i've got my amp rack sitting in my spare tire well. i just carry around a can of "spare tire in a can"

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Shit man, carry 2 spares, just in case 2 of the wheels fall off.

run them at the track too - dont be a pussy!

Downshift

Reaction score
No Spare tire here. Took it out put my sub down in there i like it MUCH better. If I get a flat *knock on wood* I have really good friends so I can get a ride to go get it. Guess its kinda retarded but I like it better with out it.

fawcett

Reaction score
it wouldnt matter if i had a spare, my brakes wont allow it to fit.
thats why i have AAA!
if i get a flat the car goes on a flat bed to a tire shop and i have to fend for myself.
-fawcett

SonicStang

Reaction score
Ditched the spare 4 years ago never had a flat *knocks on wood*. Spare wouldn't fit on my front anyhow because of the bigger Cobra brakes.

E

explicit95gt

ive been thinkin about takin mine out.. its not doing any help sitting in my trunk when my lock nut remover is in the tool box.. i guess i could put it in the car but.. im retarded.. so ill just hope that i dont ever get a flat and if i do.. thats why i have a cell phone

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online