Special-CarbonFiber

smitdavi

Reaction score
Looking at their CF S281 wing but keep seeing mixed reviews. Are there any other alternatives, or is this it for a CF S281 wing?

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Pretty sure that's it unless you wanna make your own.

They're so cheap thought that its not really a risk. Call and ask about their return policy if it's damaged.

OP
OP
smitdavi

smitdavi

Reaction score
From what I've read there have been some fitment issues especially with it hitting the quarter panel.

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
They're hit or miss. Mine fit perfect. You'll never know unless you try.

B.mad

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
I think B.mad has one of these, maybe he can chime in

I actually have the fiberglass one and not the CF. Mine hits against the quarter panel. Otherwise, its a perfect fit! The kaneen one is also a hit and miss, but at double the price. SFC one was a no brainer for me.

ElrodKTPQ_89

Legend
Reaction score
I also have a fiberglass one from SCF. Hits the panels a little but my trunk needs to be adjusted a little too so it could be causing it. The only thing I didn't like about it was having to stick the short 1/4" bolts thru the trunk from the inside and start them into the bottom of the wing which was very tough to do by myself. It would have been better if they were made with screw in studs to go into the wing that way you could just put nuts on the inside of the trunk. It was a hindsight in my case but if I were you and purchased one, before installing it I would buy a short piece of 1/4" all thread and cut some studs to the length you need.

OP
OP
smitdavi

smitdavi

Reaction score
I also have a fiberglass one from SCF. Hits the panels a little but my trunk needs to be adjusted a little too so it could be causing it. The only thing I didn't like about it was having to stick the short 1/4" bolts thru the trunk from the inside and start them into the bottom of the wing which was very tough to do by myself. It would have been better if they were made with screw in studs to go into the wing that way you could just put nuts on the inside of the trunk. It was a hindsight in my case but if I were you and purchased one, before installing it I would buy a short piece of 1/4" all thread and cut some studs to the length you need.

Thanks for the advice.

B.mad

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
interested in the CF license plate thing too

OP
OP
smitdavi

smitdavi

Reaction score

Finally got time to install both the wing and the license plate insert. I see what you were saying about your idea now. Lost both my socket and stud down in the deck lid. Probably spent an hour trying to fish both out of some very tiny spaces. Honestly that was the toughest part of the job. If I hadn't of dropped them in the deck lid this would have been a 15 minute job. Love the look. I'll snap some pics tomorrow. It's supposed to be mid 60's and beautiful so I will be taking the pony out of winter hibernation for a trip to work.

OP
OP
smitdavi

smitdavi

Reaction score
The exact. Same. Thing. happened to me lol. I was so pissed.

The internal struggle was real. I needed another pair of hands for help but I refused to ask my wife as there would have been questions I'd rather not have to answer lol. Miraculously I was able to get both lost pieces without her help :)

OP
OP
smitdavi

smitdavi

Reaction score
EC1E289F-B129-4631-BC92-BCAEBCBF7682_zpskldflrzn.jpg

74647C5F-5A89-44FE-A2EB-9E4E501EE48F_zpsb6acawn4.jpg

E75A8204-0FF7-4200-808F-75985F93AB05_zps8k5qz6lt.jpg

524CB8C0-BCA1-4E1C-9953-9B9D88706621_zpsg0uvpsah.jpg

riored4v

Reaction score
Looks awesome. I might have to grab some pieces for mine. I think the CF would go well with my black paint.

OP
OP
smitdavi

smitdavi

Reaction score
needs a black pinstrip or something imol

I've got some black bumper "MUSTANG GT" inserts, and some tail light tint that needs to be installed so that will add some more black accents. You thinking something like a rocker stripe?

hotmustang95

Reaction score
The internal struggle was real. I needed another pair of hands for help but I refused to ask my wife as there would have been questions I'd rather not have to answer lol. Miraculously I was able to get both lost pieces without her help :)

Just a heads up for future reference. The Shinoda spoiler is the same being you have to screw into it. And being it's heavier then these it makes it even more a PIA to install. To fix this go to your local hardware store and get studs. Problem fixed.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robtalbott