Speedo problem... still

Grouper Trooper

Reaction score
I've replaced the sender on the side of the transmission and the speedo gears in the trans as well. I've taken the IP cluster out and discovered the speedo gears in fine shape having been replaced by a speedo repair shop 20K miles ago by a previous owner... whats next?

MecGen

Reaction score
Is it still the same problem as before...no speedo or odo? I agree with this poster and the two are not related in the sense that one is eletronic and the other is mechanical but if the speedo stops working so will the odo, regardless of the condition of the gears.
The odometer gears have nothing to do with the speedo not working, its an electronic unit.

Check your codes, use the data steam and monitor your VSS pid when moving, use a lab scope to check for a signal at the cluster...go from there.

Good luck

eesjunin

Reaction score
listening...as when i bought mine it had the same ...so will most likely have to address that on when its time to put it all together :)

toyman

Reaction score
I think it might be the speedo transducer. That will convert the electrical signal into a pulse which moves the speedo needle and subsequently turns the odometer gears. I'm certain I have a photo of the transducer on my home box so I'll check later tonight.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarthur1995

Members online