Squeak!

JeremyAlan

SN95 Supporting Member
Reaction score
Alright guys I need a little help here.

My Problem is a squeak coming from the transmission area of the car. It is a revolving component of some-sort maybe throw-out bearing?

The only time I can get it to stop is if i depress the clutch. I dont have to depress it much. just a little and it goes away. The squeak also increase's with RPM's. If need be I'll take a recording or a video to help understand.

Specs:
  • 1994 Black mustang
  • 3.8L V6
  • 5-speed Transmission
  • 122,000 miles
  • everything on the drivetrain is stock (including the clutch)

This isnt a problem that keeps me from driving. just annoys the hell out of me when its idling! :comando:
Anyone else have this problem?

Thanks in Advance,
Jeremy

97WhitePony

Reaction score
throw out bearing going out... You can do 1 of two things... but an adjustable clutch cable... this will allow you to put a little pressure on the bearing (just enough to kill the squeak)... OR pull the tranny and change the bearing...

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
97WhitePony said:
throw out bearing going out... You can do 1 of two things... but an adjustable clutch cable... this will allow you to put a little pressure on the bearing (just enough to kill the squeak)... OR pull the tranny and change the bearing...

good answer

OP
OP
JeremyAlan

JeremyAlan

SN95 Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey guys thanks for all of the quick replys! 8)

I will look into an adjustable clutch cable. What do our mustangs have in terms of a clutch cable?

Thanks
Jeremy

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diabolic2010

Members online