Steeda SUCKS

NastyStang

Reaction score
Every time I call them for tech support I get the run around
or better yet I get the ti will cost $80.00 hr. to look at your car Sir, my car that they built and can't tell me a damm think about it with out an two to thee hour charge. Then what ever they find will be an additional cost.
I am so sick of Steeda NOTE this :I WILL NEVER SHOP OR TELL ANYONE TO USE THEM AGAIN NEVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MadStang

Reaction score
Mustanger said:
I have had good luck with Steeda???

I've never had a problem with there products but, I will say that, 99% of companies for mustangs have shitty customer service or tech. The test is if you have an issue or question about there product and how it is handled...

There are three companies I've dealt with that I can honestly say have great support.

Maximum Motorsports
Stage 3 Motorsports
LPI Racing

That's it.

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
maximum motor sports, american muscle, and thats about it for "mustang only" stuff.

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I have spent several thousand dollars buying their parts with no issues but have never needed to call "tech" support so can't comment on that. Most places like that have cheap unqualified people staffing the phones so not a surprise.

vermilion

Legend
Reaction score
also our cars are a dime a dozen and people beat the snot out of them. some people cant even drive them. not saying this is you but mustangs are an abundance. i will say there is other companies out there that are decent. if i buy anything steeda, i go through a dealership here and have had positive results each time.

Rice_slayer

Reaction score
MustangChris said:
maximum motor sports, american muscle, and thats about it for "mustang only" stuff.
LateModelRestoration has been a gem to deal with for me, if they count as they sell TONS of mustang crap. The only Steeda thing I would pay(and have) is a Tri-ax shifter which I LOVE, but I haven't heard good things about other products. Win some, lose some I say :)

01SportChic

Reaction score
I know this is a little bit of an oldie...

BUT

I have a question for the OP :

Did YOU have the work done by Steeda? Or did you buy the car with the Steeda parts on it?

AND If you did have the work done while the car was in your possession...How long ago was it done??

If the missing lines to the story aren't posted...Then I'll be happy to post them myself! ;)

If they truly are at fault...Then so be it. But I'm sure they would fess up to it if so!

p.s. I've got good friends with good connections...So I do know every line to the story. lol

Sinned83

Reaction score
Steeda is good stuff. I have a buddy that runs a speed shop and sells tons of there products and never has problems or many complaints. But I guess every situation is different.

Shifty Powers

Reaction score
Yup, people from steeda I talked to seemed well based and qualified and took care of the specific bolts i needed for my wing in a matter of 2 minutes.

Not much I really buy from steeda.. But the tri-ax and the wing do the body good

Bluestang95

Reaction score
I have used steeda for all my suspension components on my current SN, and to tell you the truth, my first order?..and yea don was a snotty "long n hard" ..but i called the guy out a lil bit and he turned right around and i have made many orders thru him since and actually receive a nice discount, BUT i can feel you when you get the brush off vibe, i caught it right away, and since "correcting" the matter with him, hes been cool as a summer breeze and ive received dedication to my car thru building a little relationship with them. Keep in mind, these people are here to serve us as buyers and ethusiasts,especially when money is involved.

330CubeGt

Reaction score
Never known anyone to have problems with them, But most shops charge a diagnostic fee just to bring your car in the building to figure out the issue. In most casses they charge an hours labor which could be anywhere from $80-120 Bucks...

I know at my shop were right at $90 Bucks. I know they build the car but at the same time a car is a car things go wrong and if you expected to get them to check out the car for free everytime you have a problem your crazy. If your cars taking up time that they could be spending on other customers there loosing money and a business like that is not about loosing money.If you don't have the know how to do it yourself you have to pay. End story...

330CubeGt

Reaction score
Bluestang95 said:
90 ? a hour? I take it you work at a stealership

Tires Plus... Stealerships are more like $100-120 i believe...

Bluestang95

Reaction score
Damn.... the stealership by me (ford) does charge 94.00 a hour, BUT i live right down the street from two really famous mustang shops, and i only pay 54.00 a hour :/ on my non internal labor.. for block machining/stroke/bore.. yea 120.00 plus a hour... tires plus IS ROUGH tho man, you guys depend on the non car guy, mostly dailys i assume?

Just my opinion,...but when only the best will do! ...mild street set up ... upper and lower control arms, anti sway bar,kyb gr2 shocks
DSC00188.jpg

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EdgarR213

Members online