stereo sound and rattle help

Dunecrazy

Reaction score
I am replacing my aftermarket stereo in my convertible mustang gt (cobra clone)

I have 6 new speakers for my car (unplugging/removing the mach tweeters, unless i can run those off the aftermarket amp) and hooking up a set of 10" subs in the trunk.
is here any upgrade sugvestions to remove rattling and increase the stereo sound? I removed the stock amp in the car and will have Bluetooth/alpine deck and nice new speakers.

Will i find an improvement if i spend the $155+ on a dynamat kit for behind the speakers etc.

i hate how many rattles this car has! I want a sound/tight/built car!

thanks for any input/advice.

Ballistic

Reaction score
Also curious about the rattling, after i redid all my Stereo i started getting some bad rattling in the back, and it drives me crazy just been too busy/lazy to try and fix it.

I built a simple bracket for my new tweeters.

8sMU0EC.png

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
yes and no. Sound damping(not dampening) will help reduce a lot of rattles if used correctly, as well as can help to reduce road noise which can help the overall sound of the system. It helps to first figure out what is rattling and this often will mean you or someone drives while someone else locates the parts that are rattling and then figure out what needs to be done to stop it. Sometimes the sound damping mats will help other times you will need something more like a foam seal between parts to isolate them and keep the noise from happening.

I personally recommend the brand second skin myself over all the others. Even their entry level is better then most of the other EXTREME brands.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
oh man don't even throw that out there. I can't tell you how many people have discovered that and after that point no matter what you tell them your wrong....

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I am a stones throw from the ohio rivier don't make me come down and show you what tar is really made for.....

InstaBurn

Reaction score
Not sure why everyone is suggesting that the roof needs to be sound proofed... in a vert.. anyway

The trunk area is prone to quite a few rattles, it is just trial an error as to what is actually rattling.

After my install/build up of my buddies '95 GT Vert. The only part that rattles is the stupid trunk spoiler.
It takes some tricky pliers or a deep socket in order to tighten the bolts of the spoiler... and I did all I could, but the damn thing still rattles...

SecondSkin is great stuff.
Knuconcpetz KnoKnoise Kollosus is dollar-for-dollar the best sound deadener you can buy, I would highly recommended it.

I took the road less traveled, prior to knowing the truth about CLD materials and used 100sq ft on the trunk of my buddies vert.

On top of that, I used 2 cans 3M undercoat spray in the nooks and holes in the trunk lid and other various caverns of the trunk area.

The last remedy I have planned is to place some MLV on the trunk lid in order to squelch as much of the rattling as possible.

Check out my build-up / install of the system on the vert.

PM me with any questions you may have.
I spent the better part of 3-4 months inside the guts of a SN95 convertible... I can safely say, I know almost every aspect of the car and what it takes to get everything dialed in on the stereo.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
Not sure why everyone is suggesting that the roof needs to be sound proofed... in a vert.. anyway

No one has said anything about the cars roof what he is suggesting is to use a product like peel-n-seal which is a house roofing tar paper that some people have got the bright idea is the same as automotive sound damping.

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
No one has said anything about the cars roof what he is suggesting is to use a product like peel-n-seal which is a house roofing tar paper that some people have got the bright idea is the same as automotive sound damping.

You beat me to it, which is a good thing cause I couldn't stop laughing long enough to type!!!!!!! Lmfao

This message courtesy of crapatalk!

InstaBurn

Reaction score
I added a layer of MLV to the trunk-lid.
Did wonders for the rattles... pretty much all gone now. Yay!

Ineedav8

Reaction score
I got over all the rattles and noises if i wanted a quiet perfect ride i wouldve got something other then a mustang lol

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online