Stero setup

Rsd94

Reaction score
Hey everyone!
Time for a upgrade from the 1994 setup I have at the moment. I am thinking of changing all the speakers, receiver and adding a 12" sub. Here is what I have come up with...
1. Alpine CDE-172BT CD receiver
2. JL HD750/1 Monoblock Class D Wide-Range Amplifier, 750 W
3. JL Audio 12W6v3-D4 12" with box already.

Not sure what speakers I should go with but I am thinking JL also with additional amp for the speakers ? Any good quality wiring kits for sub, speaker & amp I should get.

Also the sub is in a vented closure. Would this be okay for our trunk size? Not sure if this subwoofer box would be a good fit for the sub.
17 " depth
19" wide
13" height

Any recommendations and thoughts would be appreciated! Thanks

Last edited:

chithead

Reaction score
What are your goals and listening preferences? Are you going for a super solid sound quality setup, or just something you can hear over the exhaust?

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
as long as the box is designed correctly it will be fine in the trunk as long as it can fit through the opening. The stock trunk opening can make it hard to fit a box. JL makes some good speakers but don't be afraid to go listen to some and go with what you think sounds best. Do NOT get the cheapest amp kit you can find even if it has a quality name on it. They are faking all of the major brands now and you get some really cheap wire with thick insulation. if you want to order it check out knuconcepts wire as they have some good stuff.

chithead

Reaction score
Are you pretty skilled with removing door panels and fabricating some pieces? I could recommend a few 5x7/6x8 component speakers (or coaxials if you don't have the Mach 460 sail panel speakers) Could easily swap in four 6x8 speakers and a add a four channel to that mono, or just use a 5 channel amp for everything to simplify some of the wiring.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
the big choice to make up front is the component speakers up front to use the tweeter location. There is more wiring needed to keep the cross over safe/dry as well as some fab work to make a tweeter mount. I think I still have the file for my cnc to make a mount if you want to make it easier for you.

Someone will probably come in and say to get round over oval speakers sooner or later but I would stick with the easy/oval myself.

OP
OP
R

Rsd94

Reaction score
as long as the box is designed correctly it will be fine in the trunk as long as it can fit through the opening. The stock trunk opening can make it hard to fit a box. JL makes some good speakers but don't be afraid to go listen to some and go with what you think sounds best. Do NOT get the cheapest amp kit you can find even if it has a quality name on it. They are faking all of the major brands now and you get some really cheap wire with thick insulation. if you want to order it check out knuconcepts wire as they have some good stuff.
Okay sounds good will do thanks
Are you pretty skilled with removing door panels and fabricating some pieces? I could recommend a few 5x7/6x8 component speakers (or coaxials if you don't have the Mach 460 sail panel speakers) Could easily swap in four 6x8 speakers and a add a four channel to that mono, or just use a 5 channel amp for everything to simplify some of the wiring.
I can probably do that. Yeah I'm pretty good at removing all that stuff

badass98svt

Reaction score
Do you have the Mach 460 stereo in it currently?

OP
OP
R

Rsd94

Reaction score
No I have a aftermarket deck right now which was put in around 2004

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TN95gt