Stock '02 Radio...free

weendoggy

Reaction score
Cleaning out garage and came accross the old stock Mach Stereo. I replaced it with a Kenwood. The radio plays fine, but the CD multi-changer isn't/doesn't work. I bought the car this way. Free for anyone, just pay shipping from CA.

Post here or pm me. Thanks.

OP
OP
weendoggy

weendoggy

Reaction score
Front and back. This is out of my '02 Mustang.

IMG_5971.JPGIMG_5972.JPG

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
it is probably just a belt that has stretched out over time or something simple.

I am still convinced ford designed those things in agreement with the music industry to have them lock up when it knew it has your favorite discs in it that they knew you would go replace them.

OP
OP
weendoggy

weendoggy

Reaction score
Can't remember what I pulled out, about 4, but they definitely weren't my taste in music. Lots of head bangin' and screamin' stuff. I don't believe they use lyrics. o_O

Mustang5L5

Reaction score
Got the radio from Weendoggy. Good deal!

Pulled 3 more CDs out of it.

Swedish Power Metal! Lol!

The changer mechanism is all jammed up. Lots of mechanical bits in here and it looks like a good bump knocked some of the gears off track. Was common with these units.

Radio works fine. If I can find a working changer I’ll swap it in, but I don’t even use CDs anymore so really not a huge concern

Lots of screaming IMG_5868.jpeg

OP
OP
weendoggy

weendoggy

Reaction score
Yep, that's about what it was, although I had no idea of Sweedish Power Metal. Maybe that's what broke it in the first place. :) Glad it all worked out.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
not sure where you live or if it is a big town or not but a couple of the shops I have worked at either had a tech that was there to do repairs on stuff like this, or they knew of a shop that they could send it to for repairs. They were not normally too expensive to repair just because it was normally the same thing that was always wrong with them.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suprasuavy

Members online