Stumbling at 3k +

Greg Dushkin

Reaction score
I have a 1994 mustang gt I am having some stumbling at high rpms. The car starts jerking pretty hard once it passes 3,4k.It idles well . I have rebuilt the engine it pretty much stock except for longtube headers x-pipe and a bbk cold air intake. I have replaced maf, put in a better fuel pump, fuel tank , ignition coil, wires spark plugs, 02 sensors and some other minor parts. I have recently purchased a remanufactured ecm due to the old one having some water damage, the car ran a lot better but it still stumbles not as bad but still does. I am thinking i need to tune it because I ran out of options. And how can I tune it.? I also don't have an egr i have a plug for the connector and a plate on the intake and I don't have a smog system i plugged the back of the heads during the rebuild. I live in a state that doesn't check emissions once the car is 25+ yrs

Werecow

Reaction score
What brand of coil do you have on it? And how old is it? What other ignition parts did you replace? How about the valve train? Did you replace the cam with a different one? How many miles are on the heads and did you do any work on them when you rebuilt the engine?

OP
OP
G

Greg Dushkin

Reaction score
What brand of coil do you have on it? And how old is it? What other ignition parts did you replace? How about the valve train? Did you replace the cam with a different one? How many miles are on the heads and did you do any work on them when you rebuilt the engine?
ok i have a brand new motorcarft coil. I got new wires and plugs, cap and rotor pick up coil .the cam is stock the heads have 190 K on them but i had them machined. Somebody told me it could be a distributor so i took a look at the wheel inside of the distributor and it is extremely rusty so i am in the process of cleaning it from rust and I will take the car later for a spin to see if it fixed the problem.

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
ok i have a brand new motorcarft coil. I got new wires and plugs, cap and rotor pick up coil .the cam is stock the heads have 190 K on them but i had them machined. Somebody told me it could be a distributor so i took a look at the wheel inside of the distributor and it is extremely rusty so i am in the process of cleaning it from rust and I will take the car later for a spin to see if it fixed the problem.

Cleaning it probably won’t help it if it’s that’s bad. Just get a new motorcraft cap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online