Stupid 5.0

Discussion in '94-95 5.0 - Specific' started by GreenPony95, Jul 24, 2006.

1. GreenPony95

GreenPony95 Member

Ok last night goin for a lil rip round town taken it easy n shit blah u know. Stop to go drop sum shit off n i notice a low repetetive clicking noise. At first thought it was the lifters but checked that shout out not it. Now if you look at our upper manifold to the throttle body its strongest about 2 inches up from the throttle bodie. im thinkin baby the tranny dieing considering im pretty sure i got loose tranny mounts. so i unnow any help would be great taken it to the shop tommorow so response(s) tonite would be great. thanks guys

2. way to broad for me to tell...

but one thing i can tell you is that driving around with loose tranny mounts is very stupid :nonono:

3. GreenPony95

GreenPony95 Member

lol im just thinkin there loose cuz the whole car likes to shake at idle not a bad sumtin borken shake but a u know. i unno goin to shop tommorow

4. bad motor mounts

5. 94gtstang50

94gtstang50 Well-Known Member

If it shakes at idle it may be a bad harmonic balancer. If you type your thread out slower and clearer we may be able to help you figure it out.

6. 95KBGT

95KBGT Legend

its that neon license plate frame :hammer:

7. Spyder

Spyder Active Member

I would also check your harmonic balancer first. They are known to shit out on people.
    Then check your motor mounts. CHeck for wear and tear, or completely broken.
    If its a ticking sound, it may be your lifters. Im having that issue right now too.

8. DisturbedRacing

DisturbedRacing New Member

Like the others have said, seems like a balancer problem. I'd check out the engine and tranny mounts as well. Another thing it could be, if you have been driving around long on a broken tranny or motor mount it could have loosened an exhaust flange and has an exhaust leak.

9. 94gtstang50

Mine used to shake at idle, felt like I was in an old muscle car with a big block. I got the balancer and timing chain done and it was a lot smoother afterward.

10. GreenPony95

GreenPony95 Member

ya thats wat it feels like, the tickings gone lol

11. 94gtstang50

Yea its probably the balancer then.

12. Lightning Struck

Lightning Struck Legend

that sucks :mad: