Subframe Connectors

framda

Reaction score
I am trying to decide on which subframe connectors to get. I made those that I used in the past out of stock tubing but I don't have access to any of tubing benders. I only have my welder now, so I need some pre-mades. I have narrowed down my decision to these,

http://www.maximummotorsports.com/s...roduct_info&cPath=122_124_233&products_id=580

or these,

http://www.hansracecraft.com/product/ford/mustang-sfc.htm

The Hans' are expensive but they have that sexy ass jacking rail that sure would making lifting the car easier, but for the price difference I could get some CC plates and subframes from Max. Motor and have money left over for the raw metal to make my own jacking rails. I like the seat mounts on the Max Motors as well.

Any suggestions on other companies? Any opinions on these? Thanks, Fred

Ziggy

Reaction score
go with the maximum motorsports ones. you can still jack your car up with them

OP
OP
framda

framda

Reaction score
I know that it is ok to jack up a car by the connectors. I like the thought of having a jacking rail at the rocker rail for three main reasons. It squares off the connectors and makes them way stronger. There is also extra protection from a t-bone accident. It is easier and more stable to jack up and have jackstands at the rocker rail then 1/3 of the way under the car. The Stifflers look like the strongest.

OP
OP
framda

framda

Reaction score
OP
OP
framda

framda

Reaction score
The ones for our year cars aren't bent like that, but I do see what you're saying.

If I go with just the connectors and weld up my own jacking rail I already have my mind made up on the Max. Motors set. I am still trying to figure out where to go if I buy the whole shooting match as a kit. It is just one of those things that I plan well in advance. Its not like changing a bolt on part that cost $50. I appreciate your opinion, always open for advice!

vermilion

Legend
Reaction score
either stifflers or kenny brown has a complete set. however, pick which ever is full length. while both are overkill for the average driver, i like full length subframe connectors. between the 2 kb and stifflers, stifflers looks better quality.

teal95vert

Reaction score
If you want to get a stiff, go with Griggs World Challenge Frame Kit along with lower frame kit. This is the same one that I am going to put on my 95 Vert. They are expensive but worth it.

http://www.griggsracing.com/product_info.php?cPath=4332_4310_4348_4321&products_id=213

Here is a picture of the World Challenge Frame Kit inside the car. The carpet in the rear floor board would go under the frame rail.

a077.jpg

a075.jpg

OP
OP
framda

framda

Reaction score
If you want to get a stiff, go with Griggs World Challenge Frame Kit along with lower frame kit. This is the same one that I am going to put on my 95 Vert. They are expensive but worth it.

http://www.griggsracing.com/product_info.php?cPath=4332_4310_4348_4321&products_id=213

Here is a picture of the World Challenge Frame Kit inside the car. The carpet in the rear floor board would go under the frame rail.

I looked at Griggs. Their products are top shelf! Your car will be tight for sure. I think they had a roll bar for the FOX bodies a while back that tied into the upper seat belt mounting points for added strength, pretty smart idea. I am looking for something that doesn't require so much surgery. I just want to stiffen it up as much as I can without a Roll cage. I have kids that don't want to crawl through a jungle gym to get into the backseat.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Srchop16

Members online