SUPERCHARGED PEOPLE NEED UR HELP

Viper_Hunter

Reaction score
Hey everyone im knew to this site but, im on several other sites but i think this it the best site to ask this question. I was wondering if anyone could help me with some questions about my boost problem! When i try to boost the car i only get about maybe 5psi in first and then like 2 in all the other gears if that. Now i dont have a tune yet but i do have a fuel pump and fuel pressure regulator. Im just trying to find out why im not boosting, i also have a idle surge and i havent yet looked to what is causing that. I dont know if its a vaccum problem and thats y im not boosting or what. I think also mainly that i have stock exhaust with 4 cats!! I have a feeling that is what is really hurting my boost because its soooo restrictive?! I just orderd an x-pipe with flowmaster mufflers and no cats so im hopeing that it free's boost up! What do u guys think?

ryclef331

Reaction score
First off, what blower are you running? Whats your WHOLE combo?

slow96mystic

Reaction score
yes, a description of your setup would help a lot. Usually if it's an ignition related problem you will feel the motor "break up" at a certain RPM level regardless of what gear you're in. Before I installed an MSD 6AL I couldn't rev past 4800 rpm. Do you have an MSD BTM or at least have your distributor timing locked (pigtail removed)? If not i'm surprised you haven't blown the motor since you don't have a tune.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
senior001

Members online