Supercharger plus nitrous

dapack69

Reaction score
How many people here have used supercharger and nitrous at the same time. If you have, how big of a shot did you go with.

I have a built bottom end with a Novi 2000 as my supercharger, compression ratio is 9 to 1.

nesqwick_05

Reaction score
i plan on doing a 100 shot on top of my blower with my stock block, all npi (including intake and cams) :dancing6:.

nesqwick_05

Reaction score
powerdyne, so ill only see 400 at the wheels on the bottle i think, but have alot of torque. if u have a built bottom end im sure u can use a shot with the blower, i havent done it b4 but love nitrous and love boost. have you looked into the meth injection? i hear alot more about that with a blower then nitrous with a blower...

OP
OP
D

dapack69

Reaction score
Meth is only effective if your temps are super high, like in the range of 200* or more. This usually happens when there over spinning the blower or the blower is just to small for the motor. I have a blower big enough that it will never have temps that high.

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Yes you can, especially with a built motor.
the Nitrous will cool the charge also. :)

Meth does more than lower the temp, it also up's the octain, so you can run more agressive timing.

You got the Nitrous yet?

Paul

Legend
Reaction score
dapack69 said:
Meth is only effective if your temps are super high, like in the range of 200* or more. This usually happens when there over spinning the blower or the blower is just to small for the motor. I have a blower big enough that it will never have temps that high.

None of that is true.

Methanol injection will add horsepower even in N/A applications, in addition to some other benefits mentioned in this thread.

OP
OP
D

dapack69

Reaction score
How can meth add horsepower to N/A? Happen to have dyno sheets proven this?

quickstang_1994

Reaction score
It cools air temps down so you can run more timing. Like when people (mainly me) stack ice on their car before a run. The cooler your car the more power it makes. But I am thinking of running a 25 shot to cool it down.

Paul

Legend
Reaction score
dapack69 said:
How can meth add horsepower to N/A? Happen to have dyno sheets proven this?

No, I've seen it person.

Methanol is a combustible liquid and a "chemical intercooler". It reduces the air inlet temperatures (in all applications) and also raises the resistance to detonation and pre-ignition because alcohol has a much higher octane rating than gasoline from the pump. These allows the user to run higher static compression ratios, increased timing, and so on. While gains from meth injection in an N/A application are not huge, they are certainly measurable.

To further a comment by quickstang about ice bags on the intake...

Here in Phoenix, we have pretty crappy air. My old combo would run typically in 13.0s at 110mph pretty consistently with no real effort involved. However, when I would ice the intake down for 30 minutes before a run, it would net me a guaranteed tenth and 1 mph. Chemical intercooling is not much different. All combustion engines can benefit from a colder air inlet temperature, (within reason) supercharged or otherwise. Obviously, the gains are more significant in non-intercooled forced induction applications where the air inlet temperatures are very high.

Paul.

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Yep, denser air - or more oxygen per liter, and better timing from the higher octain.
There's a bunch of feedback on the snowperformance siet if you wanna check into it.

OP
OP
D

dapack69

Reaction score
I happen to know to tuners that have not had very good success with it. Granted there were some gains but no where near where the customer expected.

Well aware of the that cooler air is densor and allows more power and more timing, that is where most power is gained is from timing, that is one reason I have a huge intercooler.

Paul

Legend
Reaction score
If you knew it already, why did you ask?

You have a huge intercooler? On what setup? Post pics.

OP
OP
D

dapack69

Reaction score
Paul said:
If you knew it already, why did you ask?

You have a huge intercooler? On what setup? Post pics.

390294_152_full.jpg

390294_138_full.jpg

Paul

Legend
Reaction score
Neato.

Somebody stole two cylinders from you! :eek:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member