SVE Control Arm Recall

ElrodKTPQ_89

Legend
Reaction score
Did anyone else who bought a set of SVE tubular upper and lower control arms get an email or letter regarding the recall on the upper control arms? Apparantly in some cases the welds were reported to be insufficient on the upper control arms, so Late Model Resto is supplying everyone who bought a set of control arms during the time period listed in the email not only a brand new set of upper control arms but also a check for $100 to cover the cost of the installation if the owner chooses to spend it that way. I just got off the phone with customer service and they got me taken care of, I should be getting my new control arms and check next week. Not really a bad deal considering I bought them on sale for $95 (uppers and lowers). Just curious if anyone else on here also bought those control arms.

AUTOBAHN

Reaction score
Got my $100 check yesterday in the mail. Waiting on the upper control arms, as they are shipping them USPS because I have an APO address. I really don't need the new control arms. The ones I have look like the welds are good. Also I put oem upper control arms back in as I read somewhere its better for to do so with aftermarket Lower control arms.

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Great customer service but I tend not to buy their sve brand, for some reason I just get the cheap made in China vibe. As usual you get what you pay for and will spend more for MM, Steeda etc just for my own piece of mind.

I do like LMR as a company though.

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
LMR is a great company. Them & CJPP are the only 2 big mustang sites I still actually buy things from.

With that said, a $100 check is nice... but improving Chinese made SVE products with shitty welds that will potentially fail would be better. Seems to me like some sort of compensation so that people don't complain about the product. Again, $100 doesn't fix the faulty product.

OP
OP
ElrodKTPQ_89

ElrodKTPQ_89

Legend
Reaction score
Got my $100 check yesterday in the mail. Waiting on the upper control arms, as they are shipping them USPS because I have an APO address. I really don't need the new control arms. The ones I have look like the welds are good. Also I put oem upper control arms back in as I read somewhere its better for to do so with aftermarket Lower control arms.

I checked everything on my car a few weeks ago when I had it on a lift, even before this recall was sent out, and didn't see anything wrong with either the upper or lower control arms. I also still have my stock uppers.

Great customer service but I tend not to buy their sve brand, for some reason I just get the cheap made in China vibe. As usual you get what you pay for and will spend more for MM, Steeda etc just for my own piece of mind.

I do like LMR as a company though.

I'm thinking that's a good vibe...a couple months ago a friend of mine was trying to order the same SVE control arms from LMR and they kept saying they were on back order...so she ordered a set from Summit instead. Guess what...same box, same name on the box, same contents in the box as what I bought from LMR. Like you said though I do like them as a company, they stand by their products and guarantees no questions asked. (In this case anyway)

LMR is a great company. Them & CJPP are the only 2 big mustang sites I still actually buy things from.

With that said, a $100 check is nice... but improving Chinese made SVE products with shitty welds that will potentially fail would be better. Seems to me like some sort of compensation so that people don't complain about the product. Again, $100 doesn't fix the faulty product.

Couldn't agree more with these statements. The uppers they are supplying in return are supposed to be satisfactory but I'm willing to bet there will be no noticeable difference in them and the ones in the car now.

I do still have my Steeda aluminum lowers and stock uppers and will soon have two sets of tubular uppers. I've been thinking for a while about putting the Steeda lowers back in and selling the SVE as a set locally. Really the only reason I bought them was at that time I was getting ready to swap rear ends, and the SVE arms were on sale as a complete set for $95 shipped...so I figured sure I'll spend that money on a new set of arms for when I swap rear ends and shocks etc. They have served their purpose well since then and I have no complaints but only time will tell how long their lifespan really is.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I just ordered all my suspension parts. Steeda/M&M/ridetech means I certainly could have saved a big chuck of change on the front end but hopefully I will make up for it by not having to swap parts later like this.

wmfateam

Reaction score
I read an email from them and it sounded like the $100 was to cover installation costs/calm people down. I believe there was an issue with the welds and now they have fixed said issue. But this was second hand listening to a customer talk about it. So lump of salt.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
ElrodKTPQ_89

ElrodKTPQ_89

Legend
Reaction score
I read an email from them and it sounded like the $100 was to cover installation costs/calm people down. I believe there was an issue with the welds and now they have fixed said issue. But this was second hand listening to a customer talk about it. So lump of salt.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
Yep you right:
58cc0d5d7ae31318c19c77474dd35eee.jpg

AUTOBAHN

Reaction score
Got my replacement upper control arms in the mail. They came with no bushings or zirk fitting hole. Need to swap bushings over. Guess the $100 dollar check is also to cover drilling the hole to swap zirk fitting over.

OP
OP
ElrodKTPQ_89

ElrodKTPQ_89

Legend
Reaction score
I got another email saying that the red arms which is what I have are out of stock at the moment and will be for a couple weeks but they have black uppers in stock and will supply me with them if I choose to have them instead of red. The email also said that the arms I have now are perfectly fine to keep driving on, as the ones that were reported to have failed were on cars that were launching on slicks at the strip.

I think I'm gonna get the black uppers, and swap them out along with my Steeda lowers and sell the red arms as a set of anyone is interested.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alida81

Members online